In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Stihl Deal's Too Good to be True?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by buZZsaw BRAD, Sep 24, 2021.

1. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

I browse FBM for saws on a regular basis and deals for new Stihl saws have been getting more and more common. Too good to be true IMO. Here's one example from today.
    www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1804180299762180/
    Has anyone else seen these or actually bought one? Scam IMO. Ive PMed and asked to buy local PU in person but get some BS line. Id drive a few hours for a new MS461 at $100, how about you?

amateur cutter and Screwloose like this.
  2. farmer steve

farmer steve

Scam Brad. I've reported it to FB several times but they do nothing.

3. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

4. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Scam scam scam!
    I see small loader tractors and vehicles for sale on FBMP REAL CHEAP all the time...usually only have 1 or two pics of a pristine machine and the price is waaayyy too low! The ad usually has limited info and says that they are posting for their aunt/grandma/kindergarten teacher and says to contact them at [email protected] (or some variation thereof)
    I finally figured out how to report these and do so immediately...often report 3-5 ads every time I get on FBMP.
    To report: when on the ad, look for the three dots in the upper right corner of the ad (...) (right next to the "message" "save" and the right-hand arrow (share) options) click the (...) and it will bring up the option to report the ad, click that, then you will see a whole list of options as to what is wrong with the ad...I usually click "scam" which is clear at the bottom of the list.
    Classic example right here...for some reason the (...) option is not showing up on the page right now...I will be reporting this ad later though! (I'm not logged into FB right now, that's why no "report" option)
    Ad in next post...this truck would be $4-5k if it was a legit ad and as nice as it appears

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

6. ReelFaster

ReelFaster

Shawn Slater, LMAO.......Love his pictures, so fake!!

7. ReelFaster

ReelFaster

I see these ALL the time, same exact. I am selling for my sister, my dad, etc... email me @..... such BS I report them as much as I can to make it harder for them.

8. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I saw one yesterday that was Bartholomew Simpson. :picard: