In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Final goodbye to reliable ol F250

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by wildwest, Dec 16, 2014.

1. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

That is a low wearing engine for some reason. Good thing.

On a Toyota forum I'm on a guy is a mechanic for an oil company. They have a bunch first Gen tundras in the oil fields he says that pull 5-7000 lb trailer all the time, on dirt roads. Put crazy miles a year on. Something like an air filter a week and something like an oil change every month. Says they have plenty of them on original motors and trans with half a million miles.

Guy I follow on YouTube has a Sequoia an 05 that has like 430,000. He pulls a car trailer more than he is empty and has the back full of mechanic tools.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

2. hovlandhomestead

hovlandhomestead

I love old trucks so I know why you are so attached to your 7.3 Ford Wildwest.

I really like the Toyota 4.7 and have it my 2006 Tundra double cab.

Toyota 4.7L 2UZ-FE Engine Specs, Reliability, Oil | Tundra, LX 470 engine

Clemsonfor, the guy with the 430,000 mile 4.7 Sequoia is on the Nathan's Garage channel. Another good older rig would be the Lexus LX470.

The old Tundras are nothing like your beast of a truck Wildwest for heavy towing/hauling, but for my year round hunting and fishing it is the perfect truck for me.

I will probably get the bigger Tundra when the time comes, or buy rust free 1st generation Tundra from the southwest with under 400,000!

clemsonfor, wildwest and yooperdave like this.
  3. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Sorry I missed this hovland. This F250 served us well for about 10 years (we bought it used with low miles), but my husband traded it to the company for a newer company truck for himself. While it was ours I got a total power trip when driving it :rofl: :lol:. Then we were finally blessed with a pregnancy later in life, I left my old Blazer for airbags in F250. It was really hard for me (vertically challenged) to get the infant car seat in and out and the super tall stick shift in reverse (literally behind my seat after I was close enough to the dash to push the clutch) really messed up my RA elbows. So I got his 05' Duramax, the F250 went to his shop, and he ended up with a 2014 2500 Silverado. That said it served us well for a long time and many many miles, and he still see's it at the shop most days :) and the crews drive the heck out of it

I am entering the Toyota world soon. Ended up with a FJ cruiser at a great price, windshield done in 2 weeks. SO excited for a gas engine that will heat up quicker than big diesels!

4. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Just got a call from the repair shop, guy was worried to report almost $2,000 in repairs for front suspension. Are you kidding me, anyone looked at the price of new/used 3/4 tons lately?!?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  5. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Yep, prices are ridiculous new and used!

wildwest likes this.
  6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Agreed!

eatonpcat likes this.
  7. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I would have never thought that I would ever see used truck prices that are HIGHER than new! 6 more days until my trip to LA to pick mine up!

wildwest, eatonpcat and brenndatomu like this.
  8. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:ups:

9. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

It lives! And is now garaged again. It's more of a back up truck now and rarely goes out of town, but always there when needed. More bangs and dings but still decent :) We called him Art, or Arty.

(blue is my scribbling out company logo, it's not vandelized)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  10. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

11. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:picard: I can still see the dent I made while backing out of a tight angled parking lot ~2006. 18" infront of the rear tire. A little speed bump in shape of an older red Geo Storm coup showed up below my tire. I rubbed the red paint off with rubbing compound and haven't noticed it til this pic. Oh well.

12. Horkn

Horkn

That's still pretty clean, for the age.