In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

King of keyhole fire pits.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Pricey106, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Pricey106

Pricey106

20210526_165255.jpg I had to do some improvements on the old pit. The tan blocks had settled into the ground over the past 4 years, and I wasn't happy with the size of the square cooking area. I was going to buy a couple bags of stone chips, but I rescued a couple buckets for free from an undisclosed location. Not stolen, rescued. It was an abandoned construction site. But anyway, it turned out pretty good. I just have to cut a piece of angle iron for support across the part of the grill that faces the fire. Can't wait to cook on it. I started using this style many years ago. Keep a good fire going in the circle, kick coals back into the square to cook with as needed. Best method in my opinion.

2. moresnow

moresnow

Looks nice. If you have a Weber lid available you can set it over the grate as well as another tool. Enjoy

3. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

Looks great, and just in time to kick off summer. Nothing wrong with “rescuing” material either. I have quite a few cinder blocks from an old factory that was demolished a couple years ago. Some even still have graffiti on them :) They work fine for what I need them for.

4. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Nice looking set up there Pricey! :thumbs: Great repurpose. Ive got open bags of stone chips for half price at the big box stores. Reminds me of one we had camping at a CT state park a couple years ago. IMG_0953.JPG
    Mesquite marianted steak tips

5. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Same fire ring/ grill they use at the army corp campgrounds