In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Ok truckload deal

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by Camber, May 3, 2021.

1. Camber

Camber

FIREWOOD: Semi-load Logs or Cut/Split - general for sale - by dealer

This is an Ok deal. Not great, but for 80 to 90 bucks a cord delivered, it works out. I can get a load for about 850 now, but that is a local self loader. two days of bucking can get someone three years ahead. So many are looking for firewood right now, I thought to post this for anyone in Southwest Montana.
    Most of this wood will be far under 20% mc right now.

2. Rich L

Rich L

So many are looking for firewood right now ?What does that mean ? Is firewood hard to come by out there ?

3. Camber

Camber

No. It is not hard to come by now, but alot of people are flooding in from the coastal states. Most don't know the area that well. Snow packed forest service roads are still a major hurtle if you don't understand the land. Most are wealthy white collar workers, and are at a big disadvantage when it comes to physical abilities. Quite a few homes have wood boilers, and running them on propane is pretty pricey. We still have to burn for another month at the minimum. Wood is needed.

4. Rich L

Rich L

What makes this flood of wealthy come to your neck of the woods ? Since they are wealthy they can pay for the propane.How are the natives doing for wood ?

amateur cutter and Camber like this.
  5. Camber

Camber

Rich, the answer is political. Lots of stuff going on in Oregon as a clue. Can't discuss it here as you know. The rich can afford propane, but they didn't get rich by blessing us serfs.:rofl: :lol: A remodel I'm starting soon is from someone not putting glycol in their wood boiler before leaving last fall. Whoopsy!

JimBear, amateur cutter and Rich L like this.
  6. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

I can't even imagine the learning curve had I come from the city & not been raised & taught the outdoors & wood heating ways. Nature is an unforgiving force that must be lived with & adapted too, not vise-versa.

7. billb3

billb3

Big Sky Country can be attractive once you've made enough to say 'screw this' and move someplace 'quiet'.
    It's certainly a great place to enjoy life once you're tired of what (many) big cities have to offer.

JimBear and Camber like this.