In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Anyone wanna guess how this is gonna go...

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Eckie, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Stephiedoll

Stephiedoll

Can't we all just get along? Seems so simple to me.:(

2. bushpilot

bushpilot

What would have happened if someone with a gun was there when George Floyd was murdered? If the aggressors weren't police police, he could have used deadly force to stop it, and everyone would have talked about his heroism. Since it was the police, that option would have resulted in his death or imprisonment, and everyone would have talked about what an evil person he was.

Something's wrong here.

3. Erik B

Erik B

I have wondered the same thing. Could someone have used deadly force against the one kneeling on the guys neck and claim he was acting to protect another person facing a deadly threat? If there are any LEO's out there, what is your take?

4. blacktail

blacktail

A couple of thoughts. It says "We have black Special Forces officers advising us, and we will teach and train people in our communities." Maybe they'll learn that a lot of the uses of force people complain about are actually justified.
    And a lot of the protestors aren't real fond of guns. I wonder how they'll feel about more people openly carrying guns.

Chaz, Ron T, Screwloose and 4 others like this.
  5. Midwinter

Midwinter

Society has to work for everyone.

6. Eckie

Eckie

If a civilain with a gun had shot the cop with the knees on neck....I imagine:
    1) could have very well been shot by the other officers
    2) it would be hard to prove that the officers actions would lead to death, until the death actually occurred, so that persons actions that they defend as "saving his life" would be probably be questioned/dismissed. (This event will change the basis of that statement from now on)
    3) if the civilian with the gun could have caused enough of an event/ disruption to change the officers actions, but not be involved in a fire on fire, i think may have worked the best. From cover, close enough to scare them, but say 50 yards away, a few shots into a safe zone (ground, non ricochet/pass through 'container')...enough to make them move and take cover. Who knows what would have happened directly after that, but if they hear gunshots in that proximity, the knee would have been moved.

No rocks or rotten tomatoes please, I'm just playing armchair quarterback like many others...

7. savemoney

savemoney

I feel the only intervention that would have resulted in saving that man's life would have had to come from one of the 4 officers handling that suspect. Handcuffed on down with two knees on him, one on neck and one on his back. Could the crowd have intervened?

8. Eckie

Eckie

Yes, that would have been the best.

Well the best would have been for whatever the original action that resulted in the police being called, to not have occurred to begin with...

9. oldspark

oldspark

As I figured it seems like the protests have been infiltrated by groups causing much of the damage, extreme left groups, white sepremacist groups, drug cartel and foreign countries all adding to the riots conditions. It benefits many of these groups to cause these types of conditions There have been many peaceful protests in many places.

10. oldspark

oldspark

On another note reading comments on facebook is the same as having a labotomy!

Chaz, Ron T, Chazsbetterhalf and 4 others like this.
  11. oldspark

oldspark

Chazsbetterhalf and savemoney like this.
  12. Eckie

Eckie

I see his name. Other than that, I don't have a clue who he is...

13. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

No such thing as a warning shot.
    If there's a need for gun fire, then you neutralize the problem. Discharging a firearm is usually illegal in a city.

I also don't think the person shooting a cop is going to live to tell the story, so this is only going to turn out bad.

imwiley1, Chaz, Ron T and 5 others like this.
  14. Eckie

Eckie

I know no warning shot. Not what that statement was about. If you understand what i wrote, and someone is trying to save someone while not being shot, the "discharging a firearm in a city" is a moot point.

15. Stephiedoll

Stephiedoll

Like many, I would love to see the footage leading up to what the news shows us. I saw the videos here in Omaha from when James Scurlock was killed and he was 100% in the wrong, making all the wrong choices that night. Yet others are screaming for justice because the victim they attached had an expired CCP.
    I'm getting tired of seeing people screaming police brutality even though video shows they were not cooperating and just wanting to get in "the mans" face. My heart goes out to all our police men and woman who stay on the job through all this mess.

imwiley1, Chaz, Ron T and 6 others like this.
  16. Midwinter

Midwinter

17. Eckie

Eckie

18. Rowerwet

Rowerwet

Does anybody know that his death was from asphyxiation and not the multiple drugs he was high on?
    I haven't seen the autopsy report about the actual cause of death in the first place

19. bushpilot

bushpilot

Yes, there was an autopsy that confirmed it.

20. Eckie

Eckie

Was that the original autopsy, or the second one the family had done?