In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet Count for 2019/2020 Season

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by bogieb, Sep 9, 2019.

1. gbreda

gbreda

Lets not forget that when an inch of rain stops we dont have 2 plus hours of cleanup :thumbs:

bogieb likes this.
  2. dotman17

dotman17

Hmmmm... say again?

bogieb likes this.
  3. dotman17

dotman17

So I just put in some of those Lignetic Green Supremes and I can hear my stove burning downstairs. It's currently 52 degrees outside and predicted to reach below 50 tonight. It means it's not burning much but it also means it's burning. WTF? It's after Memorial Day and I'm still burning. This is a conspiracy is what this is.

bogieb likes this.
  4. bogieb

bogieb

I think G was talking about frozen rain - and inch of rain can = as much as a foot of snow(or 4" of really heavy, wet concrete snow) so the clean up can take a while

5. CleanFire

CleanFire

Greetings all,

Total was 57 bags for the season here, most of that was March and April this year.

:hair: Hey B, stop using the "S" word, please. (Fixed it for 'ya.) :D

Stove is shutdown for season: window air cond units are being installed today.

Hope all are well, staying safe, and enjoying a good beverage or three. :coldone:

gbreda and bogieb like this.
  6. dotman17

dotman17

Do you burn all season? Mix it with another energy source? 57 seems low -- particularly your neck of the woods.

CleanFire and bogieb like this.
  7. bogieb

bogieb

Is that "57" a typo? I know you have to burn way more than that. However, IIRC you said there was a lot of stuff going on so maybe you ran gas or oil appliances instead this year.

gbreda and CleanFire like this.
  8. CleanFire

CleanFire

This season we had to rely on the Oil Furnace ( aka: 'Dino Burner' ) much more vs. years past: Elizabeth ("Betsy") wife broke her right patella while @ work back in March '19, recuperated / rehabbed all last summer, started back to work (food service, local High School) in Sept. '19, but had limited mobility from scar tissue / calcified sutures from the repair surgery.

Back to corrective arthroscopic surgery in November '19 to 'clean up' the knee - successful surgery, but extended recovery / and rehab 2nd time around.

Between the Dr. appts, PT appts, weather, etc. we were out of the house more than home. Add my crazy work schedule in the mix - she just did not feel comfortable tending the stove alone. I can respect that, it's her stove as much as it is "mine" - she rules the roost here, you know how it goes. So we burned lots 'o gallons of Dinosaurs this past season.

Fast forward to late May 2020: Betsy is doing excellent, is back to work full duty, has worked hard to regain full mobility in that knee, and is in better physical shape than I'll ever be at this point. ..

Just waiting for her to dump me for the younger and better looking model now. :eek::picard::thumbs:

We'll be back on track to burn the 3-4 tons we have (in years past) this upcoming season. :yes:

(Still filling the oil tank though, when it's cheap to do. :whistle:)

gbreda, dotman17 and bogieb like this.
  9. bogieb

bogieb

That scar tissue can be tough to deal with - I had that happen with my wrist and an injury that went from just needing cleaned, stitches and PT went to surgery because I "heal too fast and well". The wrist was bad enough - but a knee would be horrible! Unfortunately you can be diligent in PT on the first go around and still have scar tissue issues. Glad your lovely wife got it taken care of, committed to her PT for, use and mobility, and is fully healed.

Hey, if I burned oil, I'd be stashing that stuff like it's no tomorrow at these prices.

gbreda, CleanFire and dotman17 like this.
  10. gbreda

gbreda

:picard: Ummm, yeah. B gets it :yes:

An inch of rain over a 24 hr period waters the garden and lawn and doesnt require a 12 inch snow cleanup.

BTW, we could use an inch or rain, just not all in a 20 minute period (as in a major downpourthat doesnt sink in the ground for those not in the know )

bogieb and CleanFire like this.
  11. gbreda

gbreda

Gotta love May in NH-3 weeks ago we have sn*w-now its 90 plus and humid :p

Capped the exhaust and plugged the oak with a rag. Damp rid going oin and that might do it until a fall cleaning.

I have actulally found the ash protects a bit-as long as everythibg is plugged to keep moisture down

bogieb, subsailor and CleanFire like this.
  12. CleanFire

CleanFire

Ain't that the truth G - at least we had a week (or two) of Spring here, which is about 2 weeks more than last year. :loco: :crazy:

Haven't even looked at capping, or final disconnect / pulling venting at this point, been too busy installing air conditioners, yard work, and prepping gardens for the season. Leaving it for another week or so, in case my loving Wife wants another fire this week. (Which would be cool w/ me.)

bogieb and gbreda like this.
  13. subsailor

subsailor

X2.

gbreda, CleanFire and bogieb like this.
  14. dotman17

dotman17

I can't believe it. It's June 1st and my pellet stove is running. Not a lot mind you but it's on automatic and it's burning.

CleanFire and bogieb like this.
  15. bogieb

bogieb

Started up the P43 this morning. It's 68* in the house, 37* outside and not expected to get too warm today. Probably will only burn the once as happened last Monday, unless the wind kicks back up again.

CleanFire and dotman17 like this.
  16. dotman17

dotman17

It's supposed to reach a low of 45 this morning and currently we sit at 50. 71 inside. I suspect it will be 70 when we wake up. It's nothing too serious but it's hanging on.

CleanFire likes this.
  17. bogieb

bogieb

The pellet stove ran 3 times - no sun and the wind kicked back up, to go with the 61* high. I'm sure the stove will be running again tonight as we have lows in the mid-to upper 30's on tap again.

CleanFire likes this.
  18. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I'm reporting youz guys for stove abuse!! :p

:picard:

CleanFire, Rich250, gbreda and 2 others like this.
  19. dotman17

dotman17

I'm still burning. I can hear my stove just now shutting down after a night of work. I've got like 5 bags left indoors and I'll be dammed if I have to go out and fetch a new supply from the shed. It's June 3rd already.

20. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

May 4

Season 155

1 bag in for June and I hope I'm done!! I'm about 20/30 bags to the good compared to the last few seasons. 175/185 totals............ :banana: :makeitrain"

CleanFire, Rich250 and bogieb like this.