In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Splitting and stacking for winter of 2022-23...

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Maina, May 3, 2020.

1. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

It never ends does it? :picard: Were wood hoarders.:tree:..of course it never ends!
    Stacks look great! Good feeling isnt it?

2. Dumf

Dumf Banned

Sorry Nashua , Msr. El Cheapo here for stack covers. If it ain't free, it don't go.
    Too many contractor friends with ply and sheathing cutoffs to get rid of.

3. Maina

Maina

The nice weather came back! Upper 60’s and quite breezy. Supposed to be like this for a few days. Perfect day to CSS just under a cord of pine. The hydraulic splitter earned its keep with some of the gnarly pieces, which was about 2/3 of it.:rofl: :lol: Anywho it’ll burn. Now I’m done for the summer. Unless someone gives me more wood...
    25C0C678-5E01-4344-9586-E983CF487E70.jpeg

MikeInMa, Loon and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  4. Dumf

Dumf Banned

Nice stacks there.
    Do you have the Wood Virus where you have to go out at any time of day to stare at and snort your stacks ?
    Except for the odd blowdowns, all the wood for the next 2+ years is nicely piled in oh so neat stacks. About 1.5 cord
    are open stacks waiting for the chills of Fall. I'll cover them with surplus rubber roofing in October from a friend's job.
    The rest of 6+ cords are in the woodshed.
    The softwoods are mainly used for the Snorkel hot tub. Good to get it done now with mozzies and black flies looking for blood.
    Time to retire the splitter for the year.

Chazsbetterhalf and MikeInMa like this.