In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Question of the day: How many older people have you checked on lately?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by B.Brown, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Kimberly

Kimberly

I don't really know anyone now. I use to visit with Aunts and Uncles that I knew were alone a lot. When I was a child I use to go up to a neighbour that was on in age and ask if they needed me to bring in the post. I would fetch it and then sit and visit awhile. When we first moved here, there was an elderly couple next door on the hill; he was a doctor so everyone called him doc. When it snowed or iced I would fetch the post for him and his wife as I was afraid he would slip and fall trying to walk to the road to get the post. They went into a nursing facility so I don't even know if they are alive now; probably not.

Midwinter and dahmer like this.
  2. B.Brown

B.Brown

THANK GOD!! Some really great news, 13 Veterans from the local Veterans Home in Oregon have recovered from the corona virus, this was reported in the local news paper this morning. The oldest is 104 yrs old!!! This facility has been under quarantine for i don't know how long now. No doubt this is a huge milestone in fighting this virus

rottiman, bogieb and Woodwidow like this.
  3. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    They were all fighters and probably got excellent care. Good news, indeed.

rottiman, campinspecter and bogieb like this.
  4. B.Brown

B.Brown

Your right, its not a large facility and i'm sure the size did make a difference, so they could concentrate on the 13, but, stay on top of this situation. I'm extremely happy for them, i know of of the women that works there, no doubt they put in a lot of time, and work getting on top of this thing.

rottiman, bogieb and Woodwidow like this.
  5. JWinIndiana

JWinIndiana

Mom went back to Florida after Christmas (dad died Nov. 16 of '19). Talk with her daily. Have talked with a couple of teachers via email. Otherwise, not checking on anyone.

bogieb likes this.
  6. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

We are the hands and feet.

dahmer likes this.
  7. dahmer

dahmer

As you sow, so shall you reap.

bogieb likes this.
  8. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Most of our street is younger people but the older people on it are out walking or in their yards working so they're okay so far. Our neighbor who I plow his driveway has a heart problem so I call or email him, he's doing good except for being hunkered down until this virus works its way through our area.

I worry more about my sisters and brother who live in the Syracuse area but from my talks with them, everything is good so far.

bogieb likes this.