In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Schools closed

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Woodwhore, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

My wife told me she has a tube of Clobestasol, so I looked and that is similar to Prednisone, and is often used for PI. I’m trying that now, I’d rather not go to a doctor or urgent care right now.

2. jo191145

jo191145

Everyone has a narrative. Very few nuns on social media ;)
    I’ve seen a whole lot of copy and paste stories. That’s narrative.
    My personal narrative is there are huge entities that want nothing more than to bring this country to its knees. The stock market is proof of that. No reason it should be dropping that low. This virus will not kill this country but manipulated panic will.

3. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Does anyone here know anybody who has the virus? They dont seem to give much detail on what you will feel like if you get it...a bad cold, bad flu symptoms etc?
    Make it seem like a death sentence if you catch it.
    I understand if you are in compromised health.

4. billb3

billb3

You might want to Try not to get that in your eyes. I have fluocinolene acetonide ( another corticosteroid) and the paper that came with it warned not to use it on your face or genital area and to wash your hands and don't touch your face after getting it on your fingers.
    Hey if it works it works.

5. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Thanks for the warning.

hmmmm a steroid on the genitals? :rofl: :lol:

6. Midwinter

Midwinter

Clobetasol is good stuff too, but check the directions for use around the eyes.

7. billb3

billb3

There are some who have confirmed had it coming off cruise ships. They were younger and said the symptoms were the same as the flu or a bad cold.
    Supposedly 80% of ( mostly younger) people will just feel like crap for a day or few and might not even know they had it. Except you'll be highly contagious spreading it around like mad if you're out in a crowd. The other 20% may need hospital care including intubation/ventilation to aid impairede lung capacity.

8. billb3

billb3

Maybe they shrink . Permanently.

9. savemoney

savemoney

Please consult with your doctor before you put anything in your eyes. You risk going blind. Trade off for not going to be seen, or at least consulting with an MD if not worth risking blindness. And yes, that is very real. I used to work in an ER (Water Reed) you can't believe the cases of self harm injuries we had because some felt it was OK to treat their own conditions without seeking advice first.

10. RabbleRouser

RabbleRouser

Couldn't agree more, on all points.
    I've been a chronic knowledge hoarder my whole life so already had an entire library on hand & yes, mostly older books, some very old. Have found thriftbooks.com a great resource also as well as other .org sites where you can download practically any book past a certain age in multiple formats. There is a huge online resource as well called "open courseware". Most of the large universities have entire courses online, free to use. He's been doing the Yale University American Revolution course, with other resources and sideroads sprinkled in where needed. Khan Academy is a great resource to, for all ages and subjects. Mathisfun.com is a great site for k-12 math. Orders of magnitude better than that ridiculous Common Core idiocy they are pushing these days.
    I don't blame the teachers, it is a top down failure of the system overall, with a good mix of corruption and manipulation of young minds. The fact that the most fundamental aspects of law & the concept of the people's authority over their government, are essentially kept out of their education, is as telling as need be. The Orwellian nightmare is upon us.

11. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Finally received the letter from schools here, closed through April 3, and will reassess if they need to get online learning figured before then.

12. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

13. RabbleRouser

RabbleRouser

And that's how it's done!

14. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

The manipulated panic is what’s likely driving market down. Stock markets depend a lot on people’s value of an intangible. Combined with good business and stock in a company that sells a good product, it can do well. Most stock markets fall because of a panic and other underlying issues. Financially when costs become too high and the value of the dollar becomes lower and lower, there’s a lack of equity. People are putting less faith into the system because they don’t believe it will work. For example house values were climbing but it wasn’t the house value itself that would climb but the price of land the house sat on. Once the value of said land goes to a certain point... it often doesn’t sell. Get enough of these and you have people wondering if they can get a loan. Then they announced the rates to be close to zero now. Lots of factors that will go into the market but if it cannot help us from getting sick or protectively do so, then it will continue to fall until the people find out that the panic is being restored to calm and all. Only thing to do is wait.

15. Pricey106

Pricey106

Wow, this time is definitely going to be a tell the grandkids story.... Everyone with different plans and lifestyles to deal with. Schools closed definitely sucks. Small businesses suffering or closed sucks, but I supported a small business yesterday and got a great deal on a 271 farm boss. Not even a tank of gas ran through it, for 300 bucks, and a 20 inch bar tossed in at cost. I only went to the dealer for mix oil....lol. But anyway, I will still be working as I am a janitorial supervisor for the federal government. My wife will definitely be working as she is a nurse and just signed up to be in testing sites on her days off from the regular clinic she works in. So she will be working 7 days a week until stuff clears up. I just pray she doesn't get sick. Now my teenage son, he is really going to hurt. He is training all year for football, now that is shut down. They signed up at a local cross fit for a deal, that got shut down. I am trying to keep him moving, but it is hard with my schedule. He goes for a run every morning and late afternoon, and yesterday he moved alot of rounds closer to my processing area. He wants to go play catch with his buddies, but mom says no. I am glad I am part prepper and have a good food stock, because at 6 foot 2, and 260 pounds, he can eat. The food supply in our area sucks this week, so I am starting to get concerned. I have maybe 3 months food in storage. But thanks to all you guys, I have enough firewood. Stay safe y'all.

16. Woodwhore

Woodwhore

Yup thats a large boy to feed, I remember when i was his age playing hockey, i ate alot too and both my Dad, brother and i are big people. My mom and sister hated it. They used to hide snacks in a busted dishwasher rt under our noses until my bro and i were chittin the chit in the kitchen and fir whatever reason he opened it. We had our daughter very young and shes 21 now then we waited a while and had Kamo (Kameron) at 6 1/2 years old 40 lbs soaking wet, the boy can put it away. My wife hides all the food from him lol

17. Ohio dave

Ohio dave

Catch should work thayed be far enough apart for "social distancing" just have to sanitize the ball after every throw

18. Mtnbikerfred

Mtnbikerfred

Our school closures in Oregon just got extended to Apr 28. I've been reduced from Mechanic/Bus driver, to brown-bag meal delivery boy....

Sad thing is, I was looking for more hours to get our annual inspections and a few other projects done and caught up.

They won't even let us work in the shop. They'd rather pay us NOT TO WORK. we have zero contact with anyone. We are the ones who hose the buses down with disinfectant.

Oh we'll. More time to get the saws ready, and start hauling wood....

19. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

My niece is a 2nd grade school teacher. There school just got closed from yesterday till April 20. She is doing something amazing. She is doing videos for her students. She is also taking phone calls from them. The one I watched she actual gave them an assignment to write a story and send it to her. She is going to do one also. She wants them to practice capitalization and using periods. Tomorrow she will be going over the ones she (pic sent to her) gets and help correcting them. She is going to do something everyday. She is also is planning on reading a chapter every day (Harry Potter). Now that is what I call a teacher. So proud of her.

20. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

you have a right to be :salute: