In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

ISO: The perfect pellet

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by TLO03, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

arrow.png

Pretty scientific, right there..
    :yes:

Dan

PelletHound, Luneyburg and Russell like this.
  2. Russell

Russell

Looks like I’ll be on the hunt for some Woods & Son :tree:

PelletHound, Luneyburg and ttdberg like this.
  3. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Very good pellet with two minor shortcomings for me 1. Bridge / funnel bad but mix with Vandy Plats problem solved. 2. Small pellet very small at least what I have burned this year but mix with Vandy Plats problem solved.
    Getting tough to find but there are still a few options for them and their price have risen . For a mix pellet they match or exceed any other pellet for me including Matra's, Vermont's Easy Blaze.
    I am away from the stove at the minimum of 12-14 hours so all the aspects are significant for me including burn rate (come home to an empty stove) Funneling bridging (come home to a cold stove) ashes / clinkers (come home to a dirty stove and not functioning at its maximum capacity) which I need from my stoves to heat this old house.

I remember burning Woods & Son when they first came out in white bags and they were still trying develop their pellet as they were green and kind of funky but burned ok and left little ash. Am glad they figured it out to give us another choice in softwood pellet.
    Great pellets

PelletHound and Russell like this.
  4. PelletHound

PelletHound

Russell and ttdberg like this.
  5. CleanFire

CleanFire

Try opening the bag(s) a few days before burning to allow to vent,

may also want to try mixing in some (non-pine) fines / dust from another (spruce, etc.) pellet in the Matra bag, before dumping in the hopper. I've also read that some Corn Starch mixed in the bag to coat the pellets works well. (Tried it on AWF Pine a few years ago, it did seem to help.)

Russell likes this.