In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Wish there was more info on these axes

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by CoreyB, Sep 9, 2017.

1. CoreyB

CoreyB

I can't seem to find much info on these. I keep looking. I really think they could make great fellers axe. Especially the large one the pole on it is large as well as perfectly flat. Great for driving felling wedges I would suspect. The smaller one is shorter which makes it easy to carry through the woods but the pole is smaller and it is a shade on the light side. Although I think most guys could make it work fine for driving wedges.
    20170908_185641.jpg

Hammy and HDRock like this.
  2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Looks an awful lot like a Fikars...

Hammy and CoreyB like this.
  3. CoreyB

CoreyB

Yes a lot of similarities. Just looks like more attention to detail.
    And we all know how many love the fiskars

Hammy likes this.
  4. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

Nothing for or against these axes, but since something was said regarding driving wedges I thought I would mention this much. I fell a lot of trees and never use an axe. I love my axes, don't get me wrong, but I have enough to tote around in the woods, and toting an axe for driving felling wedges...and thus possibly losing an axe going from tree to tree is not something I like.

I carry wedges with me, but those are light and fit in my pocket. To drive them I just take my saw and cut a sapling; 3-4 inches in diameter about 3 feet long and drive them with that. There is always one around, and I never lose an axe in this manner.

This video on youtube might help you chose an axe though.

5. Dancan

Dancan

I believe Gardenia (sp) is the manufacturer.
    The reviews on the splitting axes that I have read found them a very good product.

Hammy and CoreyB like this.
  6. CoreyB

CoreyB

I have both at work and I really want to try them out but I already have so many axes and mails I can't use them all. ..............
    BUUUUUT! I have a problem.
    I really just need to go out in the timber for a few weeks and play . I mean catch up.

Hammy likes this.
  7. CoreyB

CoreyB

I also ordered the s2800 today so I should have it by this weekend. No to sell all these things lol

Hammy likes this.
  8. CR888

CR888

The S2800 would be near perfect if it was a little longer in the handle. It would allow for greater head speed/splitting capability. Though they are a great range of modern axes that are nice to use and good value for their cost.

CoreyB and Hammy like this.