In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's your saw plan if you win the 532million jackpot

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Casper, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Casper

Casper

Here in Ohio, take home after taxes, would be something in the 238m range.
    I'd be buying a firewood processor to end all processors. Yes, I'd still heat with wood.

I'd probably pick up a Stihl 660/661 and enough OEM parts to keep my 028, 361 and Husky 55 Rancher running/rebuilt for the rest of my kids and grandkids lives.

2. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

I would saw my azz never working for anyone else again.

3. Casper

Casper

I'm self employed. I would finish all existing contracts but I would fly private jet instead of commercial. After that, vacations and investments. Maybe a tuned diesel pickup.

4. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Well, seein how I don't play...I'm sayin that nothing would change much...:whistle:
    I too would still heat with wood...would probably put in an indoor gasifying boiler with storage and radiant floors :makeitrain"
    Would hafta buy a farm or at least a bunch of acreage...and then some big money firewood toys...maybe a processor. Well, maybe not. I like to fabricate things so I would probably build my own processor...big ole mammajamma! Oh, and a :tractor: with FEL.
    I would continue to work, at least some...just a different job probably...no way I'm putting up with my current boss if I don't have to

5. papadave

papadave

I'd stay retired and let someone else process most of my firewood, so no change there. :thumbs:
    Prolly move to a more remote and much bigger property. Any idea how much to build a VERY LARGE moat?
    I guess 238 mil wouldn't buy Stihl, so that's out...............:whistle:

6. Boogeyman

Boogeyman

I'd keep working, but I'd keep reminding my boss that I could buy the place and fire him whenever.

And I would probably buy about every saw that caught my eye, new and old

7. clay shooter

clay shooter

buy lots of farm land and shoot all the time.give all the kids money, and grand kids they would never have to work,then have a beer,

8. Casper

Casper

Nobody won so it rolls over. Ohio residents would end up with 292M. I think I'd add a skidder to my plan.

Here's a link to estimated take home state by state:
    Powerball Jackpot Analysis | USA Mega

9. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I count myself lucky as there is very little I want or need. For sure I could help out a few unfortunate people. I'd even break down and give my wife a little to spend as she sees fit. :rofl: :lol:

10. JustWood

JustWood Guest

Id buy 1000 acres in the middle of nowhere with a gas well on it , build an energy efficient house and never run a chain saw again ! Ever ! Id pay someone to cut a cord or so a year off my property after i had 10-12 cord stocked just for ambiance wood, really cold nights or power outages.

11. bogieb

bogieb

308.775 million since NH doesn't tax it. Since I suck at investing, and don't trust anyone else to do so, I would probably take the 20 year payout anyway to a trust of some sort. I think I could live on 16.25 mil a year until I'm 75 :makeitrain"

Would give my present house to a veteran in need. It may not be perfect but it is sound and would help someone out. Would probably finish stuff that is partly done anyway, but leave the basement so they can finish it as they want it.

Would move more southerly so I can ride more of the year, but would still burn. Probably build a house with an OWB, a pellet stove (or maybe one of those combo stoves so I have choice of wood or pellets?), and add NG/LP as a back up. Would love to have it equipped with solar too for at least some of my needs. Being able to be off-grid if I needed/want to be would be awesome. More land than my present 1/3 acre. Then spend years landscaping it myself. May have to buy, and learn to run, some equipment so everything wouldn't be manual labor :tractor:. Volunteer for a local animal rescue league. Adopt lots of pets (but not too many, I know my limitations). Take some stained glass classes. Not that I think I would be very good at it since I'm not a very crafty-type person, but have wanted to learn it for a long time.

And of course, I would take care of family and charities.

12. lukem

lukem

I'd keep about 5M...set the family up real good...and give the rest away. I don't need the hassles that come with that kind of $.

13. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

HA!! One of each :)

14. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Awesome :thumbs:
    And like brenndatomu, I don't play either...
    But I probably wouldn't say that about my boss, cos I like 'im:yes: He's a boss anyone could like, and ya don't find that very often:handshake:

15. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

I don't play either...but if I won and still lived somewhere where I needed to heat my house, I would be embarassed!! Somewhere on a beach, sipping something strong...

16. yooperdave

yooperdave

I'd buy land. Lots of it.

Maybe the whole U.P.!!! And lots of fencing material.....

Then, I'd have a GTG-a really big one! NO cost spared and all tools provided, and let all you guys argue between husky, stihl, vertical, horizontal, covered, and non covered and end up getting the work done every year for nuttin!!!

Make sure you take your shoes off before you go into the guest log cabins, also!

17. bocefus78

bocefus78

Can we argue about which oil and the appropriate mix ratio?

18. RCBS

RCBS

I've got about 30 "good" years left. Wonder how much of the planet I can see in that amount of time? Oh, yeah, I'd be on the one saw plan. It'd be attached to a Ponsse machine.
    Bear

19. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

I would travel and help people, especially the elderly.

20. stihl sawing

stihl sawing

I will never win cause I don't play or gamble, if it ain't a sure thing I don't do it. besides I am terribly unlucky on those kind of things. I could buy 499 tickets out of 500 on a raffle and still lose.lol