In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. NW Walker

NW Walker

Depends on how serious you want to get. It could be as simple as reused materials and some local clay/sand/straw for a cob type oven, or as fancy as you want to get with modern insulation and the whole works. Probably better to ask Fishingpol or someone else who's built a traditional one. Mine's very strange and not normal at all.

Gasifier likes this.
  2. Gasifier

Gasifier

Jeremy. I feel for you man. The jury duty can be a drag. I had to do it once, and was excused once. Then another time was not "picked".I guess the legal guys didn't like me when they interviewed me for possible juror. I watched several people just say stuff that they knew would make them get not picked. LOL Good you did the right thing though. We all need to do it.

3. Gasifier

Gasifier

That's not fair Papadave. We need to be able to see the machine! A cub cadet needs to be seen, and not just the front corner! Ahem. Pay up!

4. jharkin

jharkin

This was worse than jury duty. With jury you go once and you either get send home or you get picked and stay for a day (or a month if its the OJ trial but I digress) This was go, get sent home, get called back in 6 months, get sent home, get called back in a year, get sent home, rinse, repeat.

ugh.

5. Gasifier

Gasifier

LOL. Sorry you had to go through that. I AM glad you got the rinse in there though! :D

6. jharkin

jharkin

Anyway, so I there was no point in going to the office for just a couple hours so did some stuff around the house the rest of the day.

The kids are still both sick, so we gave them their Christmas present early - this activity table for their trains and dollhouses (my daughter ran off when I got the camera). More for our own sanity than anything else, they kept us up for hours last night and the crying and hanging on and nose wiping is just unending.

Joey and I are in a debate about his trains. I like the steam trains but he is all about Diesel trains. Maybe Scotty can break the tie for us ;)

2013-10-08 15.14.10.jpg

After that, since the warm weather is still holding I finished some more yard work. Phase 3 of my plan to eradicate creeping charley from the yard.

Napalm strike.

err not really but I did bomb the entire yard with weed-b-gone max. I HATE chemicals but this $#*(&$# vine just wont die and is killing all the grass. Ive already done massive dethatching, overseeing, fertilizing. Anything I can think of to give the grass a chance. We shall see.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    concretegrazer and Pallet Pete like this.
  7. jharkin

jharkin

And right now, I'm "drinking on the job" as my wife puts it.

No im quite serious, but I didn't have to leave the house to do so ;) . Im sitting here enjoying a Paulaner oktoberfest while Im on a work teleconference with the China office. One of the few mitigating factors of having to take work phone calls at home.

Chvymn99 and Gasifier like this.
  8. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Treehouse of Horror XXIV

9. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

That's a headache for sure. Glad its over for you Jeremy. I've had enough legal problems to see just how bad it is on the civil side of the system as well.

10. Gasifier

Gasifier

Here you go Walker. The plug with the two wires going nowhere is what my brother added.

Attached Files:

11. NW Walker

NW Walker

Okay, start with this link....

http://www.ehow.com/how_5136448_wire-ac-delco-wire-alternator.html

You've got an older Delco there, so that link should get you there. I'd just put the sense wire, which is probably the red one, right to the same post on the back of the Alt as the other red one there. That is probably connected to your battery via the starter's main Positive lug, or perhaps right to the battery itself. Either way, it's all the same place electrically, so that will energize your alt.

I don't have enough experience with that model to know if the ignition connection is required. Do you have access to a clamp on DC ammeter? If so, you can clamp the main positive cable coming off the back of the Alt, with the sense wire connected and the ignition wire disconnected. Start the tractor, and see if you have current on that main wire, which would be charging the battery at that point if it's working. If it's not, go ahead and connect the ignition wire to 12v+, again you could temporarily do this at the same point as the other two, and see if that gets you charging. If it is, you've got it. Rewire that Ignition wire to a switched source, like the ignition, and you are done. It seems that normal wiring puts that wire through an indicator light which would light when not charging and go out when operating correctly. So, key on/light on, tractor running and charging/light off.

concretegrazer likes this.
  12. Gasifier

Gasifier

Hmmmm. I will check it out when I get a chance. Thanks

13. smoke show

smoke show

343amc, will711 and NW Walker like this.
  14. Daryl

Daryl

Work. Errands. Home. Shut off the phone and I am ignoring the outside world. I don't want to deal with it. Listening to music on youtube and getting ready to play.

Chvymn99 and Gasifier like this.
  15. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Watching "Fraulines in Uniform."

16. 343amc

343amc

smoke show likes this.
  17. jharkin

jharkin

Turns out my son has an ear infection and they think a touch of croup. Now my throat is really starting to ache :( ugh

18. papadave

papadave

Quite the moving picture aficionado.
    WTH?o_O

19. Pyroholic

Pyroholic

Maybe someone can verify this, but this is how i understand it. The wire that goes to ignition needs a diode inline. Normally the dash indicator light works as the diode. Without the diode the small amount of power made between "key off" and the engine actually stopping its rotation needs to be used up or the ignition system gets fed enough juice to spark again causing dieseling.

20. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

The old lady picked it out, I wasn't going to argue.

Chvymn99 and papadave like this.