In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

are you talking about driving wreckers, or is that part time? Because that is definitely something that gets in your blood, and you love it for sure....but eventually it becomes a love hate thing. I'm 10 years and one week removed from walking away. The good thing, is there is always plenty of tow companies around, and you can always find another job easily. Keep your head up, change is good!

2. lukem

lukem

Got pushed back to later. Fine by me.

3. Gasifier

Gasifier

Horkn, wildwest and brenndatomu like this.
  4. Gasifier

Gasifier

My son requested BLTs for dinner. My wife said we can do that. I said no we can't. Why not? Because we only have one package of bacon. We will need a lot more that that. :whistle:She said she had to go to grocery store for some other stuff anyway. :dex:

They were really delicious on fresh, soft bread. My son is 13 and he ate three sandwiches. On his third I said you are eating three sandwiches?o_O He said how many is that for you? Umm:emb:This is my third. But I am a lot bigger than you. :rofl: :lol: He only weighs about 110 now. I'm about 185. He eats more than I do most of the time and gains nothing. Lucky little chit. :D

5. Horkn

Horkn

Gasifier , throw a little sliced avacado first on that BLT, on the bottom, right on top of the thin mayo layer. Then bacon then tomato, and lettuce. They are BLAT's then. So flipping good. I had them twice this week.

6. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

7. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Awfully green. My wife would be pizzED if she came home to that on the counter.

8. LinkedXJ

LinkedXJ

Towing is my full time job. 5pm-1am Mon-Fri. On call from 1am-8am Mon-Fri. On call 1 or 2 weekends a month.
    I have my own truck, im the only one that drives it. Its in my drive way even when i take a vacation.

This is my first towing job and its been right up my alley since i started.
    I got my foot in the door and have loved every bit of it.
    Ive put my heart and soul into it, at times i believe ive cared more about
    the buisness in general the the owner did. Well i feel that way all the time.

Rough stuff for me.
    Already battling depression and anxiety, and then last week a bomb
    gets dropped on me, the next night my personal vehicle gets vandalized in
    my own drive way while im at work that night.

Im so ready to go.
    My Dad lives in Indy and i just want to be close to him.
    He use to live 20 minutes away. That move alone has screwed me up
    each and every day. I dont have anyone around here, i dont have hardly any
    friends. Im happily married, we've been together 9 years. We have 4 dogs,
    one of them is about to get adopted by a member here at FHC.

Its just been rough for me, ive had a rough life. Things have never been easy.
    Im not saying everything should be easy, but i have had one issue after the
    next.

wildwest likes this.
  9. LinkedXJ

LinkedXJ

Often enough, well just about every time i type it out on here.. I feel like
    im putting too much out there, here on an open forum.

But the truth is...

I dont have anyone to talk to, when i tell you that i have no friends...
    I have no friends.

I know tons of people, I have a facebook, i conversate, but there isnt a soul
    that i hang out with, go out to places with, visit, shoot the crap with, ask
    for advice from. I use to have plenty of friends. They have either all left
    me high and dry, moved away, moved on, or just simply hate me anymore.

I grew up around here..
    For awhile, the bestest friend i had was the son of the owner of the company
    i work for. That has all turned to crap, we have a work relationship and that
    is it. Thats a messed up story in itself.

....Im ready to give up.
    Im typing this with tears.
    I just dont know anymore..
    I just want to be close to my Dad.

Thor, Midwinter and wildwest like this.
  10. Horkn

Horkn

yooperdave, schlot, wildwest and 3 others like this.
  11. Midwinter

Midwinter

Whatever you do, make the decision with your wife. A move has to be good for her, too. Does she have family and friends and a job she likes, that she would leave behind?
    It does sound like a fresh start would be a good thing, and if you could move closer to your dad, even better.

12. greendohn

greendohn

Good morning, low to mid 60's with rain rolling in and temps fall off tonight.
    I'll burn Profane to knock the chill off tonight 'cause the damper rod came loose in the OWB.
    Gotta' new plate the other day but 12 1/2 hour shifts has kept it on hold, will install it tomolly, today is my Friday.
    Have a good day. Peace.

13. leoht

leoht

LinkedXJ, I am so sorry to hear about your troubles and I know how hard it can be and sometimes it feels like the whole universe is against you. But keep going never give up eventually things can be turned around, it seems hard but I know it can be done.

And I would like to remind you that you do in fact have many friends all here on FHC. I know it's not exactly the same as a buddy that lives down the road but you can make great friends any where in the world with this great family of like minded individuals.

One of the best blokes I ever met I come to know through a forum known as the Candle power forums. His name was Norm and although he lived 4 1/2 hours drive away we used to get together several times a year with other friends from across the state to have a BBQ and show of our latest flashlight purchases or creations/builds. Talk ham radio stuff or any tech stuff that we were interested in.

Even though he lived 4 1/2 hours away we talked-messaged on the forum almost daily.

Unfortunately a couple of years ago his liver failed and he got really sick. Myself and another good friend from the north of the state went down to his house to have one last get together, a couple of weeks later he passed. I was really surprised and honoured to be asked by his wife Shirley to speak at Norms funeral.

I miss my friend Norm.

Now the reason I just spilled my guts for all to see is that I want you to know LinkedXJ is that you are not alone and you do In fact have friends I am one of them, we just haven't met face to face yet.

Here is a picture of my dog Chino being really silly I hope it cheers you up a bit.

[​IMG]

I know it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Straw, greendohn, Horkn and 11 others like this.
  14. bocefus78

bocefus78

LinkedXJ

What part of Indy are you thinking of relocating to? I was born and raised here so I can help you find a decent place in a decent neighborhood. Schools here are hit and miss. Some are great, some.....well....not so much. That's why it's important to get in a neighborhood with good schools. The places with Good schools have a much better housing appreciation rate than the others. My mom is a realtor so she can also obviously help.

Zores towing and recovery is probably the biggest outfit in town and I'm sure they are always hiring a good worker. I know people that work there and they seem happy with their job.

Hang in there man! Lmk if you have any questions about the area. 39 years of living here so there isn't much I don't know about this place.

papadave, greendohn, Horkn and 10 others like this.
  15. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

16. leoht

leoht

My farther asked me to help out his friend that is in his 80's that had just purchased a house and had a tree hanging over a corner of the house and another hanging over the shed/garage one in a dog pen that was dying and needed pruning and 3 others in the garden that needed removing.

So today when I knocked off work dad met me at home and we loaded up my pole saw an arborist saw and Husqvarna 365, Stihl Ms460 and 066, in to the back of his 4x4 and headed off to his mates place.

When we arrived we found his friend burning a brush pile with a Husky 550XP laying nearby.

I went to work with the pole saw and removed the over hanging branches, did a little climbing with the little 335XPT arborist saw. and gave my 365 a run bucking up some of the larger branches.

When I got to the last tree which was really a big bush not Much higher than the roof of his house I asked if I could have a run of his 550XP. Yes of course.

Well what a great little saw, man that little thing screams.

We cleaned up all the brush strait in to the fire.

Now all I need to do is buy myself a 550XP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

My friend, I know how that feels to a big degree. Basically I've got lots of "friends", but only a handful of "I'm always here for you" friends. When I say that, I mean the people that are there for you no matter what. And most of them are family members.

As I've gotten older, my friends have too. Lots of them moving away, having kids , etc.....that really changes things.

It's really hard when you don't have family near you. And can be horrible when you have a fallout with family member. I had that happen once, lasted for several years and it was miserable. We've since reconciled and let me tell ya it was wonderful to have that situation change.

I'll say this, you've got lots of FAMILY here, buddy. You're never alone, no matter what. Know that you're not in that boat alone, we're always here for you to reach out to.

My bestest friends in the whole world are my wife and kids, as I've gotten older I see the absolute need in the relationships I have with them......

18. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

I'll echo what Scotty said LinkedXJ! Life can certainly throw some curveballs at ya, and being slammed with multiple ones all at once can make you wonder of its all worth it. It is! Let us be your bridge over troubled waters and help you along to the other side. You have friends here, whom care. You'll be in my prayers- hang in there buddy!

:campfire:

Jack Straw, greendohn, Thor and 10 others like this.
  19. Stinny

Stinny

"well just about every time i type it out on here.. I feel like
    im putting too much out there, here on an open forum"

This place is unique on the web LinkedXJ ... good people find their way here with all sorts of experiences and skills. A love for heating with wood is at the core, but the love of family runs deep. I've always been very grateful to have found this place. So many stories. Good, bad and everything in between...
    Family is like that... :campfire:

papadave, greendohn, bogieb and 9 others like this.
  20. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    LinkedXJ I am glad you have shared your feelings on here. Go see your doctor and get a referral to professional help. Take your wife with you. We all need help at one point or another. Don't be slow to seek it out.