In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Tribe of the Traveling FHC Sign

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Barcroftb, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

It is a long day but it is possible to make the drive in one day!

2. Gasifier

Gasifier

Sav,

Below, yooperdave had me figured out in the other thread.........,

Looks like Gasifier must be sleeping in. That's OK, we'll let him, he's been busy. He earned a lot of sleep ins with that barn project anyway! Or maybe he decided to head out for the GTG early and is now on the road??? :D

I left today and should be their soon. I wanted to have enough time to have a "couple" beers and visit with you and Judy! :D

3. Backwoods Savage

We'll keep some cool for you Gasifier

4. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Not to get this post out of shape but I'd like the idea if I can hang it on my shed for a little bit. Spread the wood :whistle:around if it were!:p
    Great sign! Not knowing where it is now I dunno who to talk to...but let me know by PM how this works. We have a few members in Wa state that this sign could visit too while here.

5. yooperdave

yooperdave

Aw man, its easy to get it to your place.

After you get the FHC ring and learn the secret handshake, all you have to do is hold a GTG for the West coast area. This will entail providing lodging or a place for people to camp/park RV's; plenty of parking; provide meals and drinks (lots and lots of drinks); early starts to the day....before dawn preferred; last finishes to the night; a large campfire ring; plenty of no waiting areas to wash up/shower/toilet/etc; and more importantly, some nice hardwood logs for hoarders to practice their cutting and splitting abilities; and of course gas and oil for the previous.

Then, you'll be able to hang the sign on your shed the whole while the GTG is going on! :whistle:

6. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Got my woodwork cut out for me for sure. Whoo... excuse me while I feel overwhelmed! This is all at ocean shores by the way but plenty of wood and you can all see my family firepit I speak of. Free bathroom, cops wont have to pay nickles to get you out. But cops come no bail sorry haha

7. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Cops tend to give a wide berth to a bunch of rednecks sittin around a campfire drinkin and pettin their chainsaws...:rofl: :lol:

8. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

You didn't tell him about the thong part of the initiation Yoops.

9. Barcroftb

Barcroftb

Guys and Gals I'm going to weigh in here as to the shipping of this sign. I don't think it's a good idea.

Firstly it's big and would be difficult/expensive to adequately protect it from damage and potential loss. As this sign gains signatures and pictures of smiling members, it will become more and more a one of a kind item not easily replaced.

Secondly the intention is to symbolize the gooder community and fellowship of horders here. That is best accomplished when meeting one another in person, shaking hands, and having fun together :handshake:. That really doesn't happen if it's being shipped here and there all over the place. It doesn't have to be a GTG. It can be as simple as a one on one meeting for a cup of joe.

I've personally traveled hundreds of miles to attend FHC events and I know many others have done the same. It should easily cross the realm of this fine community.

No secret handshake necessary to take it home temporarily. Having said that if you don't think you can or will meet up with other members in a reasonable amount of time, consider not accepting the responsibility of taking care of the sign. It goes without saying there would be a great deal of disappointment if it ended up on someone's wall for a year or more.

So fellow horders consider this a challenge to move this sign around the community without shipping it.:thumbs:

10. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Well said, Brad.
    I also feel this is the best way to let it travel.

11. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Well said! With this being said I would do my best to attend some get together but timing with my work, not applicable here. Bummer. Thanks for giving some clarity here it would be gooder to meet you rather than have it mailed! :handshake:

12. Backwoods Savage

Thanks Brad as this was the intention or plans for the sign when it was made. DexterDay has it now and I believe it is coming here next week. I don't expect to have it long and if Dex has other plans for the sign and doesn't leave it here that is okay with us. For certain we want it to travel around the country. Perhaps that will give me a good excuse to travel to another GTG. We have one in mind right now.

13. yooperdave

yooperdave

That's left up to Eric VW !

14. Barcroftb

Barcroftb

Yes correct Dennis. When I got the idea for this I hoped this great sign would eventually be in every active members possession with pics of course! cwn877 had the excellent idea of everyone signing the sign. I'm excited to see it passed on at your GTG next weekend!

15. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Yes sir. I will be bringing the sign to your place next weekend for it's next adventure!

This was a great idea Barcroftb

1492312002480153670376.jpg

16. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

How many items do you see related to FHC in that pic above?? :)

17. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Minimum 4?
    :)

18. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

19. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Nice....just zoomed in and arrived at 5 as well...
    :handshake:

20. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Yeppers!! The business card is the hardest one to see on the vault. It's camoflauged! ;)