In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★★★ The Plain Old Pry Bar

Discussion in 'Firewood Accessories' started by Paul bunion, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Paul bunion

Paul bunion

Don't overlook this tool, the plain 6' digging/pry bar. You can lever logs along and up onto a block for cutting. Comes in handy for the ones that don't want to roll. I find it indispensable when picking apart a log load. You can use them to finish off a stubborn round on a vertical split. Both to bust the threads and to pry it apart. Come in handy when dealing the big boys. It can beat a cant hook/peavey if you want to move/lift a log without rolling it. And it stands up real nice if you stick it in the ground. Easy to find and you don't have to bend over to pick it up.

[​IMG]

jetjr, HDRock and Jack Straw like this.
  2. Smokinpiney

Smokinpiney

Definately a good tool to have. I call it a "persuader bar". Dad and I use it alot for rolling logs on the trailer. Sometimes we'll wedge it up under the front of the log to help it up over the edge as we're winching em up.

3. Highbeam

Highbeam

"And it stands up real nice if you stick it in the ground."

Careful with this trick, if it tips over and wacks you in the head you could die. The bars are heavy. I use mine for digging trenches and post holes in rocky soil.