In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

talk about a humbled man......

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Scotty Overkill, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

....and a man at a loss for words! What can I really say that would compensate for the selfless gift that you all gave me? I'm running out of things that I could possibly say, that could even come close to being enough! I just cannot express the gratitude that myself, my wife, and my children experienced when I opened "The Gift" yesterday morning. I honestly think there are others here that deserve that gift much more than I could ever live up to, the fact that you chose me to receive it has been an amazing experience. One that this hairy fella will NEVER EVER forget. Since DAY ONE here, the other mods and admins as well as myself have tried to create a family-friendly, political and bias-free atmosphere, a place where after a long day, a bad day, a sad day or even a glad day, that we could all come and unwind. And here we are, almost 2 1/2 years later and you guys have made it every bit just that and much more....you've all made this extended family. To quote myself from another post, all we did was put a match under some tinder, you guys have provided the fuel and we have an amazing fire now, one that continues to grow. And continues to amaze me.

Just like the Secret Santa that Grizzly Adam and Paul bunion worked so hard to organize, I looked to that thread and I was literally stunned and FLOORED at the amazing handcrafted and heartfelt gifts that were exchanged. I am AWED at the craftsmanship and TALENT that so many of our amazing members possess, as well as the selflessness and caring that are so easy to see. I'm speechless and, in all honesty, this has been one of the most amazing Christmases I've ever witnessed. Truly.....AMAZING!

So on behalf of myself, my lovely wife, and my children, I thank you all from the absolute bottom of my heart for the gracious gift you gave me. Special thanks to DexterDay and NewToStihl , as well as my own wife, for somehow pulling this together and keeping it hidden from me.......we've watched the video several times through and it brings me to tears each time. Tears of joy and absolute amazement of the group of folks we have here.

I'm starting to ramble now, I'll let all of you add your .02 cents!! God Bless you all, I pray that you all had a Merry Christmas and have a Healthy, Safe, Prosperous and Wood-Filled New Year!!

20151225_104226.jpg

20151225_104108.jpg

20151225_115250.jpg

20151225_115306.jpg

2. HDRock

HDRock

Well we all know you're going to get some good use out of it so, just enjoy buddy:yes::saw::tree:

3. HDRock

HDRock

A special thanks to, NewToStihl, and DexterDay, for coming up with this idea, setting it up, and making it happen. Here's your pat on the back :)

upload_2015-12-26_18-11-35.jpeg

But be aware

upload_2015-12-26_18-13-24.png :D

4. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

You are a humble fella, the video speaks to that! So thankful to be a small part of it, but the joy of seeing you receive it was huge!
    Be safe in all things, and in all things give thanks unto the Lord!:)
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours, and to the members of this great group!:thumbs:

5. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Here! Here!
    2 great guys equally as humble! :thumbs:

6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

You have to post some pictures when you first use that saw Scotty!

7. fishingpol

fishingpol

Heh, heh, heh. That was great. Well deserved.

8. basod

basod

Enjoy the saw bud.
    Who the heck are the Firehose guys that gave it to ya?:D

9. Stinny

Stinny

That's a great gift Scotty... looking forward to some action shots with that baby... :saw:

10. cnice_37

cnice_37

Pretty cool your wife domesticated a grizzly bear...

11. basod

basod

12. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

13. HDRock

HDRock

:rofl: :lol: :yes:

14. Scotty Overkill

Oh trust me, we made fun of her afterwards when we watched the vid. In her defense, she was as excited as I was and totally flubbed....lmao....

15. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Dont forget your friends in the firehouse gang!

16. Scotty Overkill

She's my baby doll.....she loved this whole event as much as you guys......and she's seen how giving and honest our members are. That shows YOUR character here. I'm proud of you all!

17. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

I'm so far behind on the goings on here at FHC and I feel bad that I am. This is my first time on in over 3 weeks and when I clicked new posts this was the first one to come up. Scotty, incredible video, so glad the fellas here took care of you. You are a very humble man and gracious enough to accept this gift from the forum.
    You are very deserving for all the work you do, none of it goes unnoticed by the FHC folks.
    Congratulations! I enjoyed the experience that your family shared very much.

18. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

She was a pleasure to deal with. A couple times she was likely right beside you.. She said she could barely contain herself!!

You are a lucky man Scotty! You have a great wife that would do anything for you!

Cheers my friend! It was our pleasure to give you a Christmas present that you will likely never forget!!

19. Scotty Overkill

I can assure you I'll be enjoying that for many years! It'll be one of my go-to's......

20. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

And you don't need to thank anyone!!

This is one of the moments in your life, where you deserve everything you got brother!!

Can't wait till the next GTG. :D We'll talk more then :)