In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Should be interesting!!

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by jtakeman, Jul 29, 2017.

1. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

2. imacman

imacman

Sounds like a lot of excuses for a reason to get more $$ out of the residents. Conn. wants to become more like NY. :faint:

BTW, the article did say that NG customers already pay this fee. Don't want to get into politics, but notice what party the Senator is from that doesn't want the tax. :whistle:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  3. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I was leary to post this because of the political or how quickly it could turn into it! Just sayin it could lure( ahhh that fishin phrase :seasoned:) some of the ones that switch to oil back to pellet land.

4. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Just another way to pick our pockets. It's nonsense.

5. imacman

imacman

No fishin' for this boy this weekend.....all racin'!
    I'll be at Middletown tonight, and "The Valley" Sunday night. That's our driver & car in the ad.
    Untitled.jpg

slvrblkk, Rich250, eatonpcat and 4 others like this.
  6. VOLKEVIN

VOLKEVIN

I don't mind going there- because I call it the way I see it. A Democrat politician has never met a tax they didn't like. Now, in all fairness I think 99.9% of politicians from all parties are self righteous azzholes who think they know how you should live your life better than you do. :headbang:

slvrblkk, imacman, Rich250 and 4 others like this.
  7. heat seeker

heat seeker

Just another good reason to leave this stinkin' state.

slvrblkk, imacman, Rich250 and 4 others like this.
  8. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

jtakeman you guys down there got it easy... they tried to add a dollar a gallon fuel tax here to ALL CARBON based fuels! thankfully new governor vetoed it.... I wonder if it had to due with petition signed by thousands...

The purpose was to subsidize environmentally friendly alternatives... I want to protect the environment too.. I also want to be able to afford to...

9. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

As friends, Family and co-workers retire. I see them leave their roots behind. Most head south, some west. But few stay!!

The new state moto should be anywhere but here!!

slvrblkk, Rich250, schoondog and 5 others like this.
  10. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

The video said NG buyers already pay it. So that is a good reason to make oil and propane buyers pay it too...
    You know...because it's for the good of the children...:rolleyes:

Heating fuels, clothes/footwear and groceries, too my knowledge, have no sales tax in pa. Because it's a basic need.
    And thats the way it should stay!!!

slvrblkk, imacman, schoondog and 3 others like this.
  11. savemoney

savemoney

I don't think there is any real concept of what it is like to not be able to afford their taxes, their energy programs etc. I see these things all the time now. Esp. with our schools, they want, they get. The seniors on fixed incomes get to loose their homes and have to move into senior citizen subsidized housing. Many could have gotten by on what they had, had they not been required to fund all the perks paid for with taxes.

slvrblkk, Rich250, imacman and 6 others like this.
  12. will711

will711

I believe you are correct Tim

slvrblkk, Rich250, imacman and 3 others like this.
  13. VOLKEVIN

VOLKEVIN

A quick history lesson:
    "The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation." -Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

All these politicians use excuse after excuse, explanation after explanation to justify why they need to take more of your hard earned money so they can spend it on their pet projects. The key here is that you worked hard and EARNED it, and they get to take it with a stroke of a pen. It's a big load of horse squeeze as far as I'm concerned. Don't be fooled into listening to these explanations about "for the greater good, the good of all, and especially for the children. Every one of those is designed for you to go along with it at the expense of either your liberty or your money, and possibly both.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    slvrblkk, Rich250, imacman and 5 others like this.
  14. Skier76

Skier76

This state is something else...