In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet youtube video suggestions?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Pallet Pete, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

I like the humor idea! :thumbs:

slvrblkk likes this.
  2. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Got them both on FHC-TV. Dad really got a kick out of them.

3. joescho

joescho

How about some how-to videos like repairs? For example, I would really like to be able to change the springs in my autoclean firepot of my Mt. Vernon insert when they wear out instead of paying someone $200 to do it. If someone has the experience, I would love to see stuff like that....

jtakeman, DexterDay and Grizzly Adam like this.
  4. Rona

Rona

Get a mirror and after removing the ash pan slide the mirror inside where the ash pan sits. Looking at it should explain what you need to do. Basically you should be looking at how to replace a igniter as part of this looking under the pot and surrounding area. Ideally you might be able to slide a small camera under it and take a picture before you take things apart just so you see where the wires are supposed to be. Its not hard once you see what has to be done and do it. The first time always takes longer. Some stove companies, not all ,send a cd to the dealer showing how to completely dismantle and reassemble the stove. If you can get your dealer to make a copy for you it will save you a lot of money and time. A Mt Vernon is a fairly simple stove to work on although inserts are worse because of location. But they were built for the ease of replacing the components when that needs to be done.

5. joescho

joescho

Thanks for the info. he mirror idea sounds like something I would like to try.

IHATEPROPANE likes this.