In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. subsailor

subsailor

Looks like we crossed paths this weekend. I had breakfast in Woodstock Friday am on my way to Vermont for my nephews wedding. I took Rt. 2 all the way, avoided the highways. I stopped in Bethel on my way back this afternoon to grab a soda.

I spent 3 hours Sat. morning hitting pellet shops and lumber yards in Montpelier and Barre Vt. trying to find some Vermont pellets. None found anywhere. It seems most of their pellets are sold by one company called Bourne Energy and local co-ops. Second year in a row I went to VT. and came back empty handed. Open bar for beer and wine at the wedding. I drank a belly full of these. [​IMG] Not bad at all. I needed lot of them, though, because the bride is from Guatemala and the food served was very spicy. A little more than us Irishmen are used to.

imacman, will711, PelletHound and 8 others like this.
  2. artc

artc

Just got back from the Nascar race. Kyle f. Busch won. Good race but hot for late September.

Home tomorrow. Can you believe we have the air conditioning on in the rv.?

imacman, PelletHound, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  3. CleanFire

CleanFire

Yo bogieb , what was the brand/flavor of that magic Vodka stuff again? I forgot - so post it up & I'll get a bottle for ya. I need an excuse to stop by and see all the excellent landscaping you've done this summer, anyways.

I'm doing good - I am officially an 'autonomous Driving machine' these days.. Lots of road miles on the old guy here. :tractor:

Taurus repair went south / motor was seized, been working on getting another set of wheels on the road the last several weeks, while getting youngest back to UNH, oldest back n' forth from new job training, and Betsy back n' forth to work.. I'm driving the "Queen and the Princess" now. Until we get Natalie wheels, which will happen this week.. Thank God.

Throw in lots of IT work, weekends spent @ the town dump slicing an auger tube assembly off a Lennox I40 fireplace pellet insert someone tossed (got lots of goodies for the upcoming "Yankee Pellet Boiler" project.. more to follow), and that pretty much sums up my existence the last 8-10 weeks.

Oh, cleaned the chimney, stove, and venting, burned (2) days in early September. One bag to-date.

Got lots of reading/catching up to do, 80 F outside, welcome to the United States of Florida here. :usa:

Hope everyone reading this is well and enjoying a good end-of-summer season. :handshake:

B, send me the name of that Vodka stuff, I can use a drink. Cheers! :cheers:

imacman, will711, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  4. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Jesus christ Rob was just asking about you last week...Glad you're stick alive and kickin'!!!!

imacman, will711, PelletHound and 6 others like this.
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Welcome back Rob! Sounds like you've been havin funski's!! :D

imacman, PelletHound, bogieb and 5 others like this.
  6. savemoney

savemoney

Wow, it seems to me that you have done enough. Much more than many others. Just not as much as before. We don't can anything now. No place to put it, and too many critical comments from the peanut gallery. I don't feel useless now that my depression is treated. I seem to get through the day with a lot more not done than done, but that is OK. It will be there tomorrow so I have somethings to look forward to.
    Glad you enjoyed the lobster roll. I also like them when the lobster is really fresh. Not so found of the stuff that has been sitting in the refrigerator for a while.
    Going to the Doc tomorrow. Lets hope no more pills.

imacman, slvrblkk, wildwest and 7 others like this.
  7. CleanFire

CleanFire

Thanks - I don't know about kicking, more like 'slumped and shufflin' these days.. I am soooo ready for Pellets and Beer. :thumbs:

Going 'offline' wasn't intentional - days have been starting @ 4:30am, and end after 10pm, have put literally thousands of miles on the Camry the past 6-8 weeks..

It's been rough. But worth it - Natalie's new job, through AmeriCorps, has her working in the field she went to school for / as an victim advocate through the county Attorney's office, so we're super happy for her, it's been worth the extra hours & travel required here. Having the Taurus deciding to take a 'permanent vacation' right in the mix of everything wasn't in the plan, but hey, stuff happens - I've just have had to step up to the plate and put in some extra innings.. We're getting it done. Hasn't left much time for anything else though.

Didn't mean to make anyone worry, apologies for that - just don't send me any Pennington's to burn as punishment, ok ? :picard: :D

I'm glad I had some time to post up this evening - I missed you guys. :yes:

imacman, PelletHound, gbreda and 6 others like this.
  8. schoondog

schoondog

Hot one today. Many leaves fell this week so I got out kinda early this morning and fired up the mower and cyclone rake to clean up the yard a bit. Then we took a scoot to Woodstock Harley so my bud could use a gift card. Had a pulled pork lunch and did a bit of shopping on our way home as oldest son and family were coming for diner and we had to begin getting our hunting equipment ready for the season. Did a bit more leaf pickup before they showed up. Ate and waited for the sun to go down a bit so heat wasn't so bad while we shot our bows. Grandson is really starting to be a handful, crawling everywhere and trying to walk a bit. Here is a pic. Love him. Doggy
    20170723_162626.jpg

imacman, will711, Pete Zahria and 9 others like this.
  9. Dr.Faustus

Dr.Faustus

build it out of Azek and be done with it.

imacman, will711, slvrblkk and 6 others like this.
  10. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

What a cutey!! :)

11. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Nope....just some Maeder's for you!

12. CleanFire

CleanFire

:eek: Damm.. I'll need a bigger ash vac. :rofl: :lol: Thanks Bud! :thumbs:

imacman, will711, ivanhoe and 5 others like this.
  13. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

I'm here for ya!!! :rofl: :lol:

imacman, will711, ivanhoe and 6 others like this.
  14. bogieb

bogieb

Sounds like you've been uber-busy!

15. bogieb

bogieb

Well why didn't I think of that? I've used a bit of Azek in my basement :doh:. Course not sure how well it takes to extreme temp - aka expansion and contraction for this specific application - but worth considering

imacman, ivanhoe, CleanFire and 4 others like this.
  16. artc

artc

Or use pressure treated 5/4

imacman, gbreda, ivanhoe and 6 others like this.
  17. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

I see what you did there.....:rofl: :lol:

imacman, bogieb, gbreda and 4 others like this.
  18. CleanFire

CleanFire

Yup, it's been an 'ash-kicking' time here IHP. :rofl: :lol: (Those folks get paid, don't they?) Thanks B ! :p

imacman, bogieb, gbreda and 4 others like this.
  19. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

How is the brother who had the stroke doing? I just keep on trying to do more, hate it when the body rebels. Can do about two canning setups at a time but the boss likes a little of this and a little of that, which is too many gear changes for me now. I will be going up and down the stairs more than a couple times to put things on the shelves this morning. Just as soon as I get the birds taken care of.

imacman, bogieb, PelletHound and 6 others like this.
  20. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Can we just send you bagged rocks instead?

imacman, bogieb, PelletHound and 6 others like this.