In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Ok!!! Need some pipe help!

Discussion in 'Non-EPA Woodstoves and Fireplaces' started by CHeath, Oct 3, 2017.

1. CHeath

CHeath

So I have just burned in a new Englander 28-3500 furnace. Basement setup, ran into the duct work. This is my 2nd one so I have an idea of the duct work but I want to change up the pipe. Last time, I ran the pipe straight up to a 90 degree elbow and some of you guys suggested a 45 coming out of the stove into a smaller (maybe 36") pipe and then running it into another 45 and up the chimney. This is what I plan on doing to get better exit flow. My question is what is the best double wall pipe? Ive looked at the big 3 and like the duravent but from the online pics, how in the world does it go together? Snap? Screw?

I used single wall on my last stove but honestly, for me, its not enough. I want (for my mind, whilst lying in the bed at night) to know, Ive got the best possible equipment that money can buy. After all, theres a fire in my basement right?

Thanks for the input!
    Chris

Stinny likes this.
  2. Stinny

Stinny

I think all of the double wall pipes connect with male/female twist lock ends. At least mine does... I think it's a Dura Vent... not sure...

CHeath likes this.
  3. oldspark

oldspark

Nothing wrong with single wall pipe what so ever as long as it is installed correctly and you are not running really low flue temps.

papadave and HDRock like this.