In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Official Firewood Hoarders Club cookbook poll.

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by Pallet Pete, Dec 28, 2014.

?

Do you want an FHC cookbook?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Do you want a free PDF?

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  4. Do you want free ePub ebook edition?

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Do you want both?

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  6. Would you be willing to submit recipes?

25 vote(s)
    83.3%
  7. would you like a printed cookbook? this option wont be free due to overhead.

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

[
    ...QUOTE="BrianK, post: 228128, member: 30"]TurboDiesel got any ideas for this?[/QUOTE]
    Dozens...:yes:
    Chili
    soups
    BBQ
    ribs
    1/2 chickens
    potato salad for 150 people
    You name it
    Does this menu have to have a calorie count?...LOL :eek:

2. bigbarf48

bigbarf48

I'm in to offer up some recipes. My girlfriend is an awesome cook too and could provide some recipes as well :chef: :thumbs:

wildwest, papadave and Pallet Pete like this.
  3. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

This is making me hungry.
    Guess we should have a picnic

BrianK, bigbarf48 and tuneighty like this.
  4. Freakingstang

Freakingstang

What about the idea of a hard copy? I'm sure it could be a money maker for the site. I know I like having something in the kitchen vs on the computer...

wildwest and Pallet Pete like this.
  5. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

It will probably be looked into after the digital formats have been created.

wildwest and Pallet Pete like this.
  6. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

Currently I am looking into the cost of a printed cookbook. The issue is then it wouldd not be free due to overhead and shipping. I am not opposed to this option however I would prefer it to be free.

Who here would like a printed version? I can release the spun and off as well as look into a printed version more seriously? There would be a charge for the printed copy as I said above....

I have added a poll question regarding the printed book. If your interested please check the poll and or let me know.

wildwest likes this.
  7. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

wildwest likes this.
  8. andybaker

andybaker

I'd love to Pete. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I've never been so busy. Business was up so much this I nearly killed myself trying to keep up with it. Too bad skilled help is non-exsistent. I'm going to have rethink the entire way I do business for the future. I can't keep this up anymore. I spent about 2 months doing 80-90 hours a week working with no time for eating, sleeping, nothing...

Woodwidow is the one you need. She is a legend among housewives with her recipes.

9. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    There has to be a blushing smiley. Thanks for the compliments.

wildwest and campinspecter like this.
  10. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    When it comes to printed cookbooks, I really like them as I do not have a laptop for the kitchen. Unfortunately I hoard cookbooks and need to clean out the cookbook cupboard. (I still have the first cookbook I got as a wedding present many years ago.) Printed cookbooks make awesome gifts for spouses and the hard to buy for family member. Good publicity too.

11. andybaker

andybaker

I tried Woodwidow's Marmalade formula late last winter. I couldn't find the type of Orange she recommends. I believe it was Sengal? forgive my memory:confused: I looked all over finally ending up early in the morning stopping by the cities produce supply houses only to find out I'd have to go to Detroit to find something like that. My answer was to use a blend of oranges and lemons. It turned out great and I'm into my last jar of it now. The point I'm heading towards is I'm more into the science and production of baking/cooking to create products for resale at a retail level. Most of the recipes I use at home are ones I've made up on my own by tweeking to what I like. Most of them are not even on paper, just in my head. I've chimed in here time to time just to simply add some input to the conversation. Formulas I have at the bakery are all in large batches and all measured by weight. If you want a formula for 20 loaves of Pumpernickel or 100 dz cutout shortbread cookies or 200 lbs of cake then I'm your guy:D However, at home I make a few things I personal think are pretty good. In the last couple years though I've been cutting back on how much I eat and I've backed off from making things taste too good because I find if I do I'll eat more and I've worked too hard to lose the weight I have and get off my diabetes meds. How does a recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup sound?

12. papadave

papadave

Sounds good to me.
    I have a VERY simple CN soup recipe that's so easy, even I can make it.:thumbs:

wildwest likes this.