In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★★★ Northline Express (company review)

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by bushpilot, Jul 30, 2016.

1. bushpilot

bushpilot

I recently asked on FHC where I should buy a complete venting system (stove outlet to raincap). Several people recommended Northline express (northlineexpress.com), and I ordered a complete Duraplus system from them. I ordered on Sunday, it shipped on Monday, and today (Friday) I received it. I had chosen free shipping, and was pleased with the speed from Michigan to Washington State. Their prices were very fair, and the website was very helpful.

While unpacking, I noted that a 3 ft chimney section was slightly dented, and out of round. From an abundance of caution, I took the photo below, and sent it to them, saying that I think it will work OK, but jsut in case I just wanted to let them know what I found when unpacking.

IMG_20160729_103114_hdr.jpg

They immediatly replied offering to send a new one. I again said that I was pretty sure it will be fine, just give me a few days to try it out. Here is their answer:

Hi Greg,

I would rather us pick up the damaged piece and send you a replacement . It doesn’t look too awful bent but with pipe, if the inner wall is compromised at all it is not safe to use. I would feel better if you had a new undamaged piece.

If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to contact me directly. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
    Erica Gayer
    What more can I say? Great company to do business with, and I recommend them highly.

2. yooperdave

yooperdave

Very nice and cautious reply indeed. err on the side of caution, I guess.

Now lets talk about that picture of the pipe...it appears to have an open air gap between the inner pipe and the outer pipe? Or am I not seeing it correctly?

3. bushpilot

bushpilot

Yes, I think it does (I no longer have the pipe to verify). I think I could have straightened that fine and used it. But I do appreciate their caution.