In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Nice Trade!

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by FatBoy85, Mar 26, 2017.

1. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Hello, I don't post much in this forum so just introducing myself a bit then my post point. Name is Ben. I responded to an ad for some mauls and an Axe for $40, reasonable. So after some questions the seller asks if I had any firewood. You can probably imagine that got myself a little excited. Turning wood into a trade a bit? You betcha! I paid for the original 3 in the ad and gave the seller's girlfriend a good suv load of horse chestnut, some maple and some pine dimensional wood for an extra maul that was a little damaged but it functions fine. They had a woodstove insert for their house but all their wood is soaked. Guessing this is a no no for some inserts. Anyways here to show you what was involved in the trade/Sale. Enjoy
    IMG_1146.JPG IMG_1145.JPG IMG_1162.JPG

KsKent, eatonpcat, Gasifier and 4 others like this.
  2. Horkn

Horkn

Good trade!

Inserts are just like stoves in that they need dry wood, especially if it's an EPA insert.

FatBoy85 likes this.
  3. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

Yeah I figure I have to give wood that is pretty dry. I dont know on a moisture content what I gave but I felt better about the trade when I burned some of the horse chestnut (I guess I felt like the wood was not up to par) last night after the whole thing. I couldn't keep my feet near the fire and smelled like My shoes were melting.

4. Gasifier

Gasifier

Nice. Firewood for firewood processing tools.:thumbs: