In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

New fawns

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Backwoods Savage, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Last weekend I saw a pair of fawns that probably could not have been more than a week old. Cute little buggers. Then a couple days ago I was on the tractor and suddenly saw a doe who had just dropped a fawn.

Some wonder but it seems we have at least one fawn born in the month of August every year. We had seen this doe on the trail cam pictures and noticed she was about ready to drop a fawn so I was not surprised. Also, yes, I did clear out of that area to leave her alone but most of the does around here are accustomed to me being around with tractor or atv and they accept me.

A couple mornings ago I had a doe and pair of fawns at the apple tree in our yard. They then went over the ridge and I thought they were gone but later when I went in back with the tractor I saw them bedded right where they had gone over the ridge. They just laid there and watched me. I was getting some sand with the FEL.