In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★☆☆ Maine Woods Pellets Softwood (Review)

Discussion in 'Pellet Fuels' started by slvrblkk, Dec 11, 2016.

1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Maine Woods Pellets Softwood : FINAL RESULTS

Temp Average - 270 -400

Ash Volume - 8 ounces

Ash Weight – 1.40 ounces

Ash Percentage - .22%

Fines In Bag – less than 1/8 cup

Pellet Length Avg. – 1/8” – 1/2”

Bag Weight – 40 lbs.

Burn time – 12.5 hours (approx.)

Bag Date – N/A

Notes:

Donated/Delivered by ttdberg from artc
    $265 ton
    Very low ash and fines

What a surprise when I opened the bag, I was expecting a blonde and wound up with a brunette. Pellets are very small and dark brown in color. They have a nice sheen but I did get a bit of funneling in the hopper. Ash is coarse, dark brown and there was very little of it. I did develop a very small ashcake.

All in all these burned well and the glass stayed clean. The problem I had is I really needed to over-feed the stove to get good heat out of it. Because of that the burn time was way down. These are definitely a step down from other softies but still a good pellet. With that being said, I rate these 3.5 stars.

Recommend!!!

Disclaimer: as with everything....YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY....the review is just my opinion of them
    IMAG0752.jpg IMAG0741.jpg IMAG0742.jpg IMAG0748.jpg IMAG0750.jpg
    IMAG0753.jpg

2. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

I see the Maine Forest Service has started listing Pellet Makers now on their website along with sawmills, shingle mills and paper mills. That is nice, as it is always nice to know where the stuff is being made.