In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Mahindra 3550

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Gasifier, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

I use both on mine.. box to move gravel where rain brings it down.. York rake to finish and dry it out.. really depends on how bad it is.. right now mud season ... pretty rough!

2. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

It looks nice Gasifier , I'm not sure what your area is in for tonight for rain but NOAA is calling for 0.50 - 0.75 inches tonight for my area.

3. Gasifier

Gasifier

Yes. I did see the rain coming. That was why I got out with the tractor today. I won't be able to use it again for a few days on account of it being to wet. I'm hoping after Friday's rain I can break the splitter out and split a bunch of firewood on Saturday and Sunday.

4. 94BULLITT

94BULLITT

Your driveway looks good Gasifier

I like to touch up my driveway after a light rain. It is easier to work up after a rain, there is not as much dust, and it packs better when you are done. I start out with the rake to pull the rocks up out of the ground. Then I will use a scraper blade or box blade to finish things off. It is nice if it rains a a day or two afterwards to wash the gravel off.

5. Gasifier

Gasifier

Today consisted of some enjoyable tractor work with the grapple and the backhoe. I am cleaning up an area and making piles to burn when it rains. This area will be the trailhead for our main trail through the woods. It's also the landing where the trees were processed when I had the logging done last year. So lots of debris and many stumps to pull. But the Mahindra is really proving to be a working beast. The 50 HP combined with the weight and gearing of the tractor is making for impressive power. I forgot to take pictures.:emb:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  6. Gasifier

Gasifier

The 3550 performed well today for about 6 hours of work. I pulled about half a dozen more stumps and cleaned up more debris. Created two more piles for burning. Started a small fire last night and was able to move it around today and pile more on and it took off again. Then we got some more rain. :thumbs: The rain yesterday and today was welcome in order to feel comfortable to burn. I piled the fire up this evening and it is going very well!

7. Oakman69

Oakman69

Man u got all the attachments to it.
    I like the snow block on top of the bucket so the snow won't fall back on yu.
    I ran a bobcat to dig out the farm during some blizzards we had in years past and got snow dumped on me when running up to a pile to move it. Sucks to have legs as cold as ice.

Backwoods Savage and Gasifier like this.
  8. Gasifier

Gasifier

I've been working the 3550 pretty steady the last three days. It's been digging and moving stumps and rocks. Then leveling/grading the trail back off. Slow but sure progress. Here she is looking over her next area of labor.
    IMG_3276.JPG
    Stumps and stones. :picard:
    Soon to look like this.... IMG_3272.JPG

Woodwidow, Horkn, Dancan and 8 others like this.
  9. Gasifier

Gasifier

I hope to be renting an excavator for a week before the snow flies if I can swing the dough. That will save on the stress on the tractor. I had planned on renting it as soon as I started work on the trails. But unexpected bills came up.

10. Hammy

Hammy

Nice work on the trails:thumbs: looking like it's worth the effort for sure.

11. Gasifier

Gasifier

Thanks. Appreciated. Since the tree harvest last year I now have logging/skidding trails all through the property. Once I have all the stumps and rocks out of the way and things leveled off it really is going to be nice. I hope. Much more access to the property now.

12. Hammy

Hammy

It looks great. I don't have a backhoe so I leave the stumps as short as can be for now. One day I will rent an excavator for the weekend and drive it like I stole it:). have to finish the trails before that though:)

13. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

It looks great Gasifier , even though it's been hot out the bugs haven't been bad over here......how about your place?

14. Gasifier

Gasifier

Not bad at all here. I think this year has been a good year as far as bugs are concerned. If you are out there at just the right time in the morning the mosquitoes will snack on you for breakfast though. I guess they like bacon too. Not that I ever smell like bacon. :whistle::emb:

15. Gasifier

Gasifier

Oh my god. :( My vacation just started! I need this tractor!

One of the pins on the quick attach must of popped out and I didn't see it. Next thing I know I look down and see this.

IMG_3287.JPG IMG_3288.JPG

:( I can't tell you how disappointed I am right now. I have so much planned to do over this vacation of mine that starts today.

I do not have time to wait until I find out if it's covered under warranty. And I was working it pretty hard. It's time to get it fixed ASAP and keep moving forward. So I have brought it to my neighbor/friend to see if he can fix it. He will begin working on it tomorrow. In the meantime I am waiting to find out if the contractor can get me that excavator rental for a week.

:(

thewoodlands might have to lend me his tractor. :eek: :p :rofl: :lol:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  16. Dancan

Dancan

That bites .

17. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

18. Gasifier

Gasifier

That about sums it up.

19. Horkn

Horkn

Yes, can't like that. Ugggg

20. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Ouch.... Good Luck on getting a fix.... hopefully he'll be able to come through for you...:handshake: