In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★☆☆☆☆ Maeder Brothers review

Discussion in 'Pellet Fuels' started by Dpopps, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dpopps

Dpopps

Maeder brothers

High temp, side of door. 371

Air temp - 177.9

Fines - low, Dusty

Ash volume - 16oz

Ash weight - 7.3oz

Ash percent - 1.14%

Bag weight -40lbs

Stove setting - medium

Fuel type - Hardwood

Pellet length - ¼” - 1”

$250 ton Sometimes on sale for $212 ton

I do NOT recommend these!

I will start with the positives, low fines, heat is ok and short length pellets.
    Very ashy, with large,rock hard clinkers. These did not do good at all. Looks like there might also be bark mixed in. They filled my burn pot with such a big clinker it failed to ignite after less than half a bag.

These did so bad I had another bag I decided to test burn and I got the same poor results

This is a home test, always try a few bags for yourself before stocking up.

8.jpg 12.jpg 2.jpg unnamed0.jpg 01.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

2. Ambient

Ambient

I found low fines, high ash and no clinkers, but high carbon build up on burn shelf after three days. Price $245 I didn't find them to be so bad last year, when I ran three bags through.

SKEETER McCLUSKEY likes this.
  3. Ambient

Ambient

Update after one ton:

Finally, moving into cold weather and the stove is now running 24/7. So, I have been working to get the Osborn 7000 set to run these, at least as well as it can. I had to back off the pellet feed auger setting and the combustion fan setting to -3 and -5 (lowest setting). This has tackled the soot issue. I now have a reasonable steady strong flame, minimum fly ash with no black soot. I can't seem to run it lower than the third bar out of ten, as it will fail to keep the temp up and it shut's itself off. ***The LG's had no problem running on one bar, unless there were strong winds.

After three bags, (hopper holds three) I have to shut down the stove and do some maintenance.
    1. The burn shelf will have a 1/2 to 5/8 inch speed bump composed of carbon
    2. The ash pan is almost full. (attempting to run two cycles of three bags and the ash pan is overflowing.

After two cycles of three bags I have to shut it down and do a complete cleaning.
    Notes: The diffuser plate above the burn chamber is now partially blocked with ash. The compartment below the heat exchanger tubes has about half an inch of dust (tan) and the clean out in the vent pipe also has about half an inch of tarnish dust.

Your results may vary :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.