In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

LogOx

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by RCBS, Sep 11, 2017.

1. RCBS

RCBS

2. thistle

thistle

Already have older timberjack that quickly converts to a so-so cant hook, a separate large peavey, a better cant hook,2 different size Husky log tongs & a couple felling bars.but that does look interesting. Of the bunch the peavey & log tongs get the most use.

It looks good though,price is reasonable also.

T.Jeff Veal, Hammy, Eric VW and 3 others like this.
  3. HDRock

HDRock

Never saw one .
    Looks like you could lift some good weight with it and I like the cross handle.
    Looks heavy duty

T.Jeff Veal, Hammy, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  4. RCBS

RCBS

I have been wanting to pick up a set of tongs. Going to look for a deal on them at the Paul Bunyan this year.

That's my thinking...something to lift the bigger rounds. I can get a pretty good sized one with Hookaroon, but it definitely has it's limitations. I agree that it looks to be very stout. I will see if I can find one of these to check out at the Bunyan Show also.

Hammy, Eric VW and HDRock like this.
  5. HDRock

HDRock

Good way to do it , get one in your hands to check out :yes:

Hammy, Eric VW and RCBS like this.
  6. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

I'm Austin Roberts Co-Founder/GM of the LogOX, I saw this thread and thought I'd say Hi. We're a family owned company based in Vermont, the LogOX 3-in-1 MultiTool we sell is manufactured in Missouri by our partners Swisher Inc. using American steel (the hardwood cross handle is from Maine). The LogOX Hauler's main advantage is that unlike log tongs or pulp hooks, you don't have to bend over to pick up log rounds when moving them to a pile or feeding a log splitter. We also sell a custom holster to place it in while operating the controls in between loading rounds. The Hauler (also a great 21" cant hook) is the base platform that you can add a cant handle extension and T-bar attachment to, which modifies it into a "38 cant hook or timberjack. The tool disassembles easily and fits in a 28" bag that we carry, which also makes it very portable. We have a good overview video of it on our website at www.thelogox.com

I'd be happy to answer any questions as well!

7. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Speaking of which, we've also developed a "PickOX" pickaroon attachment, which easily secures onto the end of the cant handle extension, using the same clevis pin. Not only does this cut down on another tool you have to cart out to the wood line, but it's also handy for snagging the lighter split pieces off the ground, again without the back strain of bending over. We sell LogOX's at a number of brick and mortar stores and online, but we only sell the PickOX on our website.

We've teamed up with Automated Biomass Systems for a special promotional deal with their AutoSplit this fall .
    We'll be sharing a booth with them at the Bunyan Show in Ohio this October. Please stop by, mention you're part of the FHC, and we'll hook you up with a free LogOX koozie.

Hammy, blacksmith, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  8. HDRock

HDRock

How much does the hauler by itself weigh?

Hammy, Eric VW and BigBlueLogOX like this.
  9. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

The hauler by itself weighs 7.6 lbs. The full tool weighs 13.5 lbs.

Hammy, blacksmith, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  10. RCBS

RCBS

Welcome to the forum Austin! I admit...you have me wondering if someone is watching me now when I post something. :binoculars:

I had checked out your website and corresponding videos. The LogOx caught my attention whilst doing a random google search for firewood tools and accessories. Looks to be a good design and very well made. Good to hear that it is Made In USA! That just rolls off the tongue so nicely...Made In USA.

How did the LogOx come to fruition? Are you a wood burning, firewood hoarder like the rest of us here?

Any chance of me finding one to check out at the upcoming Paul Bunyan Show here in Ohio?? If you are not attending, perhaps one of your distributors may be there?

Edit: Answered above ^^^ I will for sure find you and get me a free koozie!

Also, unsure of the particulars here at FHC forum, but you may need to be a vendor or sponsor in order to promote your products here? Hopefully a moderator will chime in.

T.Jeff Veal, Chaz, Hammy and 4 others like this.
  11. HDRock

HDRock

If I didn't already have money invested in the tools already have I may consider this tool, I don't think it's any more expensive than buying separate tools.
    Do you sell a set or package deal without the log Jack cuz some people don't really like them me included?
    One thing I found on the website it is confusing to figure out exactly what comes with one of the packages or sets, it should be more clear in my opinion.

I don't think it's a problem you being here but I guess Moderating will decide that

Chaz, Hammy, RCBS and 2 others like this.
  12. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Thanks for the warm welcome RCBS! Actually when you posted a link to our site (thanks btw) and a number of people clicked on it, FHC showed up in a web report as one of the backlinks people were using to find us, and I checked it out. So nothing too nefarious...

Thanks for sharing how you found our site too, it's something we're always trying to optimize. Our slogan "American Tools For Woodsmen" is true of everything we sell, from the tools themselves, to the hauler holsters, to the bags. We also sell a few product lines of Swisher log splitters, trail cutters, and trail trimmers , all Made In USA. Long term, we plan on bringing other high quality American made brands onto our website, in order to help promote the idea of folks buying American products.

Like many good inventions, the LogOX started out by addressing a common problem followed by years of obsessive tinkering in a basement workshop. That problem was the back pain caused by repeatedly bending over during long afternoons spent splitting firewood, and the obsessive tinkerer was my Dad, Jon Roberts, who's also an engineer by trade. The cant hook and timberjack functions came later as part of developing the concept further. He finally got the prototype just right about two years ago, and we found a manufacturing partner in Swisher Inc to professionally produce it. Once I left the US Army after eight years last winter, I joined my parents to officially launch the company at the Tree Care Industry Association show in Baltimore.

I grew up in two very rural parts of New England (NH and VT), so harvesting firewood was a right up there with death and taxes as a yearly certainty each fall, and I can honestly tell you that I REALLY wish my Dad had invented this thing about 30 years ago!

Thanks for the heads up on the forum rules. I took a look at the ones on the main page and they seem fine with companies posting on the forum, provided they follow the standard rules and give an honest representation of their products. I did see there is a service provider registry that I'll have to check out.
    I look forward to meeting you at the Bunyan Show!

Chaz, Maina, Fulltang and 7 others like this.
  13. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Thanks for the feedback, we certainly priced it to be competitive. I'm going to have to relook the full set description and change the wording to be a little more clear as to what's included, I really appreciate the critique.

We don't have a package deal yet for just the hauler/cant handle extension. However, we do sell both separately on our website, which would cost $159.90. That would save you about $20 compared to buying the full set with the T-bar included. We've had some portable sawmill sawyers, who are only using it as a portable cant hook and to load their splitters, go that route.

Chaz, Hammy, blacksmith and 3 others like this.
  14. HDRock

HDRock

I went through the website and videos and I think your website is great except for that one tiny thing :thumbs:

Chaz, Hammy, RCBS and 2 others like this.
  15. RCBS

RCBS

Ahhh. That's good work on your part! I guess I sometimes underestimate the powers of the interwebs! I was just a bit surprised when I saw your post.

Very cool back story. Designed independently by a determined engineer! I believe society owes more to the people like your father than we sometimes realize. I'm sure there is not one member here who hasn't woke up quite sore from a previous days work at the woodpile. That's sort-of how I found your product. I'm always on the hunt for ideas or tools to stay upright while working and to keep from overdoing it on my back. I've battled back problems for the past two decades after seriously abusing it in my teens and early twenties. The discovery of hookaroons has been a big step forwards for me.

I would like to genuinely Thank You for your service to our Nation. My one real regret is never having served.

As for the rules....not trying to be the fun police or anything, but my post brought you here, so I feel responsible for making sure we stay within the forums good graces. I frequent others where any advertising is strictly prohibited without being an official vendor. Sounds like there's no issue here though. The folks who run this place are good people.

I will for sure look you guys up at the Bunyan. Very keen to lay my hands on the Ox in person and get a feel for how it works. As stated in OP, the Jack and cant take a back seat for me to the hauler. When I saw the video, I immediately recognized it as a potential game changer for me at the splitter. I'm quite partial to my Woodchuck brand hookaroon. They are another small company who is self made and proudly manufactures in the USA. I found their products much the same way I did yours. I love to find companies like yours. I had a small problem with the Hookaroon and was contacted by the owner of the company directly. He went above and beyond to address my issue and now has a life long customer.

Chaz, Hammy, blacksmith and 3 others like this.
  16. CoreyB

CoreyB

Wonder if a FHC group order or club discount would be an idea to entertain. I would be willing to do a full video review for my you tube channel.

17. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

A good Hookaroon is a great partner for a LogOX hauler. You can pick up the log rounds with the Hauler, load a splitter, and then easily snag the split pieces with the hookaroon, all without bending over and putting strain on your back.

Good looking out on the on the forum rules, I appreciate the heads up. After exploring the site a little more, I found the vendor services section and I'm going to write post over there as well so folks can feel free to ask me questions.

We look forward to meeting you at the Bunyan Show and having you try it out for yourself! We'll be over at the Automated Biomass Systems booth using it to feed their AutoSplit.

Chaz, Hammy, blacksmith and 2 others like this.
  18. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Corey,
    That's a great idea!:thumbs: I've created the Firewood Hoarders Club LogOX discount, just use code "FHC" at checkout on our website www.thelogox.com I know it's kind of an unimaginative name for the coupon, but it will get you $15 off the 3-in-1 Forestry MultiTool Set or our Forester Package which includes a the MultiTool set, a pickaroon attachment, hauler holster, and carrying bag, which is already a $10 off combined savings. Sound good?

We'd love to have you do a video review of the LogOX on your channel, thanks for offering! Please send me an email at [email protected] with a link to your channel and we can certainly discuss it further.

19. CoreyB

CoreyB

Email sent.

Hammy, blacksmith, RCBS and 2 others like this.
  20. BigBlueLogOX

BigBlueLogOX

Just a quick reminder for anyone visiting the Paul Bunyan Show in Ohio this weekend, who mentioned they'd like to try out a LogOX and see it in action. We'll be hanging out at the Linndale Equipment tent located at Booth #446 Lot #447, in the center of the fair grounds, on Friday afternoon and Saturday. We'll be using the LogOX to buck log rounds and load the Automated Biomass Systems AutoSplit. When you stop by for a demo just mention that you're a FHC Member and we'll hook you up with a free LogOX Koozie.

See you at the show!
    -Austin :axe:

PBS Info: Paul Bunyan Show Information - Ohio Forestry Association

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    blacksmith, TBONE, RCBS and 1 other person like this.