In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I know it's not a knife forum...sorry.

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by grandgourmand, Aug 4, 2017.

1. fuelrod

fuelrod

I kinda do also but it's a love/hate deal. I bought a nice expensive Cabellas light, xenon or something, very bright and used expensive camera battery's. The factory batts crapped out and I spent a good bit on the new ones, shortly after that Mamma dropped it at the camp... end of the bulb. Cabellas was no help with a new one and finally thought about looking on ebay. I found one (China) and it only lasted a very short time. Fast forward, she got me a nice led light for Christmas, good to go for a year or more, then all of a sudden it wouldn't work. I keep it in it's pouch in the "pocket" of the truck door and thought that somehow it was left turned on, OK new (4) aa battery's no big deal. Still dead and was ready to send it back to LL Bean...... then she found the packaging & instructions. This dang thing needs directions to operate (properly), it has 3 "modes" of operation to select from, several including a "sos" & "strobe" setting along with dimming & a battery saving mode accessed by "touching" the switch then more "touching" & selecting. All is good now in my flashlight world, as long as I don't loose the directions to a FLASHLIGHT!!
    :eek:

2. NH mountain man

NH mountain man

It's getting pretty bad when the flashlights are smarter than we are.:hair: Who ever thought we would need directions to operate a flashlight.:loco: :crazy:

3. DNH

DNH

I picked up a couple flashlights last fall, one has Bluetooth and can be controlled via smartphone. Any of the programming is supper easy pair it program it and your done! Had some fun with it after I bought it a buddy borrowed it; I was turning the strobe light on and off while he was using it!

NH mountain man and blacksmith like this.
  4. fuelrod

fuelrod

You know when you're too dumb (speaking of myself) to operate a "modern" flashlight, your damsure not going to touch a smart phone!
    imgres.jpg still purrs like a kitten:D

HDRock and NH mountain man like this.
  5. NH mountain man

NH mountain man

Amen brother, I still have a flip phone as well! I kept the two soup can on a string I was using until recently, in case the battery dies on the flip phone.:handshake:

fuelrod and Oakman69 like this.
  6. Oakman69

Oakman69

Yup

NH mountain man likes this.
  7. Shurdel

Shurdel

IMG_4081.JPG I have two Spyderco knives. The one I've had for over 20 years. It's a serrated edge that I keep in my bunker pants. The other one is always clipped in my pocket.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  8. NH mountain man

NH mountain man

Very Nice, a must have tool for every real working man (and woman).:yes:

colin.p likes this.