In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

How to get you stubborn husbands to the dentist?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by wildwest, Oct 18, 2017.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Didn't mean to mislead any of you, he brushes daily and occasionally flosses and is still quite attractive, but----

My hygeniest today said 49 is too young and that I might suggest "I'm not cleaning your dentures"....... And yes, cost and even more visits to get that done, gimme a break!!

yooperdave and Backwoods Savage like this.
  2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thats my challenge Dennis, he will only go when in pain.

yooperdave and Backwoods Savage like this.
  3. yooperdave

yooperdave

That is the new corrective maintenance plan tailored especially for men!

Backwoods Savage and wildwest like this.
  4. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Just signed him up for insurance, as well as lil one under him. She had dental through her health insurance but I just found out coverage stopped on her 6th birthday. There we go woot woot, I will schedule her AND him at the same time over Christmas break, of course he will want to be a good role model for her. Muaaahahhaha. One trip for both of them, might even be able to talk him into taking a "stupid" pill and see if that helps?

5. yooperdave

yooperdave

Careful with those pills....I think over half the country is addicted to them now. :cool:

6. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Yep ^^^this^^^:yes:
    :handshake:

wildwest and Backwoods Savage like this.
  7. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

I think forcing him to be the role model might be the trick.
    Oh. And tell lil one to make sure he goes to the appointment...;)

8. VOLKEVIN

VOLKEVIN

Oral health is linked to good overall health. Poor oral health can lead to real problems...see attached below.

A poor oral hygiene regimen can be a bacterial breeding ground and when oral hygiene is neglected or ignored it will eventually cause periodontal disease.2 Bacterium associated with periodontitis can enter the bloodstream via bleeding gums which is what links the two together.4 Here are just a few medical conditions linked to poor oral hygiene:

• Heart disease - Bacteria in the bloodstream can travel to the heart and lead to a heart attack.2,3,4
    • Endocarditis - Bacteria may find its way to the inner linings of the heart and valves which in turn, create growth pockets of bacteria. These pockets cause inflammation and infection of the inner linings of the heart. 1,5
    • Stroke - There are a number of reasons why a stroke may occur - one of them is the narrowing of artery walls and another is blood clots. It is believed that oral bacteria may be a contributing factor to the arteries narrowing as well as blood clots easily forming because of the body's negative response to the bacteria in the bloodstream. 3,4
    • Inflammation - Inflamed gums and bleeding may cause systemic inflammation. 4
    • Rheumatoid Arthritis - It is known that periodontal disease will worsen the pain already suffered by those inflicted with this auto immune disorder.2
    • Lung Condition - Those already suffering from COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and pneumonia may have their condition worsened due to an increase of bacteria in their lungs. 2
    Prevention

The best way to fight periodontal disease and health issues linked to oral bacteria is to have a good oral hygiene regimen. Removing plaque buildup is necessary to keeping your gums and teeth free from disease. Brush your teeth at least two times a day and floss regularly.2 If you're unsure of the correct technique to flossing, at your next visit to your dentist have the dental assistant show you the correct procedure to flossing your teeth. Moreover, it's crucial that see your dentist regularly (once or twice a year) for your checkups and cleanings. If you find you're having dental problems, do not hesitate to make an appointment with your dentist to prevent further, more severe health complications.

Brushing and flossing is the best prevention to a healthy mouth!

--

wildwest and Woodwidow like this.
  9. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

It Worked!! (different but it did)

Muaahahaha!

He took lil one for her first "real" checkup today. The dentist and hygienist are just so accomidating and friendly, and confident and gentle. I shared some of his tooth issues with them on some of my previous visits (and the few unfortunate visits he's had in the past, particularly one- ) and they obviously remembered. They have him scheduled for tomorrow :dex:

WTG girls :smoke:

10. yooperdave

yooperdave

11. Kimberly

Kimberly

I am glad to hear he decided to go. I had a friend that had a bad experience with the dentist to the point that she didn't go back. She had a lot of issues with her teeth when she finally did go and she found out that modern dentistry is nothing like it use to be.

savemoney and wildwest like this.
  12. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thanks K! I'm glad too :)

13. Armbru84

Armbru84

Key is finding a good dentist. I actually don’t mind going...they know me and my wife and I seem to talk the whole time I am there. They play country music on the radio for me and I get to look out the window into the woods behind their office. It’s not to bad. Root canals suck don’t get me wrong...but if the people doing them are nice it makes it better.

wildwest and savemoney like this.
  14. savemoney

savemoney

Glad "He" elected to go. Until a person decides they own the problem, there is little you can do except get yourself on their chit list. No one wants to be controlled, even when it is in their best interest. Having him involved in Little One's dental care is brilliant.
    My wife had a lot of dental care needed. For what ever reason, she feared the dentist that the kids and I went to. Finally, she found one that advertised as painless dentistry. While over 30 miles away, she elected to go there and pay their high prices. She got her issues all addressed and now has no current dental issues. win some, loose some

wildwest likes this.