In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hello from Okanagan Wood Pellets!

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by OkieDude, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Scot Linkletter

Scot Linkletter

Yes. That's what the article I linked is about. They say you should pick 2.

ivanhoe, bogieb, IHATEPROPANE and 4 others like this.
  2. Nyree Pieck

Nyree Pieck

Paul, you may not like to hear this but the best thing to do is to try them both out. They are both amazing brands. Honestly, even with premium pellets, some stoves prefer one brand over another but that doesn't mean that either brand is bad. I'd offer to you what I offered to Sterling, which is a free bag to test. We would love your input. I do have the Okanagan right now. I do not have the Northern Warmth yet and I'm not sure of timing as we still have pellets sitting at our location that we need to sell/deliver. As a retailer, we honestly do not make a lot on pellets and I want something that is not only high quality, but is priced right for our customer. We tested the Okanagan Doug Fir in our stove and were very happy with the heat output as well as the ash, which as with any Doug Fir that we have tried, was very very little ash out of one bag. That is where I think Brian was going when he said they were the same/similar. When you are burning a Doug Fir pellet, you are burning a pellet that has high output and low ash. I know your stove is very particular about pellets so it may be worth the test. Each brand can change every so slightly year after year or batch after batch due to changes in production. We are not always aware of every change so I rely on customers like you, as well as our own testing, to determine quality as well as what we are buying. Feel free to call us with any other questions you may have. Thanks!!

3. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

That's typically the case but not always.

4. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

The same can be said for any brand of pellet's bag claim...

Dan

5. Tullytown

Tullytown

I Burned a Softwood brand last year that impressed me so much with it's Super low ash that i am burning them exclusive this year.
    Easy Blaze Super Premiums... and at 244.00 ton it was a no brainer for me this coming winter.

6. savemoney

savemoney

I could easily go along with that, esp. at that price point.

7. Russell

Russell

I have to agree out of all the pellets I've tried last year they had the best heat and least ash .

8. Tullytown

Tullytown

I will stop short of saying they are about as close to douglas firs [as far as heat/ zilch ash] as you can get without the Big price tag.. Up to 8900BTU's I was surprised to find out.. DF's are up to 9000 so close nuff for the price..

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  9. Tullytown

Tullytown

might have the exact price wrong but it was in the 240's...

10. subsailor

subsailor

This conversation took place back in April. Still no sign of Wood Pellet Warehouse in town. I assume it's not going to happen.

IHATEPROPANE and slvrblkk like this.
  11. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

That is the NAPPA Auto parts store address according to Google.

12. subsailor

subsailor

That is where is was going to be. I guess NAPA was going to be selling pellets for them. Across the RR tracks behind NAPA is Paris Farmers Union who also sells MWP and other brands. The whole setup didn't make a lot of sense to me. It would be cheaper for me to have SIB deliver me a ton from Jay than to drive 1/4 mile and buy them by the bag, which I would prefer to do.

13. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

I'd more than likely call James or better yet Steve and find out what is up. I'll be talking to one or both of them in a couple of weeks when I have made up my mind what I'm doing this winter.

IHATEPROPANE, will711 and slvrblkk like this.
  14. subsailor

subsailor

I did call James earlier in the year and he was the one that told me NAPA was going to be selling the pellets, but they still had a couple of details to work out. He wanted to get the sign up as soon as he could, but no sign as of yet. So I assume it's not going to happen.

15. bogieb

bogieb

Yesterday, at the local Aubuchon's, saw pallets of Okies sitting outside. Inside they had prices of $6.99/bag for Okie Platinum and $6.79/bag for Green Supremes. Didn't bother to ask what the ton price was. Meh, if I needed pellets I'd go to TSC and get their brand for $5.39/bag.

Attached Files:

16. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Good work B!!!! Looks like LG's :D

IHATEPROPANE, ttdberg and bogieb like this.
  17. BarkerPellets

BarkerPellets

Hey Guys! The deal with our 3rd location in winthrop has hit a road block for the time being... We are already swamped with sales/deliveries and trying to find time to finalize the ground work @ our winthrop location will have to be put on hold for the time being. With that being said Please call anytime 207-645-3064 if you have any questions. Remember... Free Delivery to all Veterans!!! 207-645-3064 www.sibwoodpellets.com
    -James Barker
    Wood Pellet Warehouse

18. subsailor

subsailor

Welcome to the party. I kind of figured that things had hit a snag. I'm looking forward to you opening up place locally.

will711, bogieb and slvrblkk like this.
  19. Ambient

Ambient

My new supplier just told me that okies are repackaged/rebranded LG granules***. Now I'm pretty confused. Can anyone help set me straight.? I'm heading back there Tuesday to get part B of this seasons order. They're $20 more per ton than LaCrete.

I have 1.2 tons La Crete and 1.2 tons of North Country now in stock. :)

Tuesday I'm enroute for another load 2.4 tons of La Crete's but I'll give a run of the Okie Platinum's if they're not rebranded.

Help wanted!

***Which when stored inside were great for me. Since that supplier doesn't give a crap and leaves them outside year long).

20. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

That's what we thought all along! :banana: