In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hello from Okanagan Wood Pellets!

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by OkieDude, Apr 24, 2017.

1. will711

will711

I'd go with the cheaper ones .

2. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

vacation???must be money in pellets

3. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

4. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I couldn't agree more!! And you never know, They(not singling anyone out, many do this!!) can change to any other mill when a good deal(for them) comes about. Hard to really know what your going to get from them as they don't actually manufacturer the pellets themselves.!

Just my humble opinion and will likely get some feathers fluffed over it! BUT!! I am leaning more to buying a product where you know exactly what product you are getting and what mill it came from. Trying to keep up with all this other BS and switching from this mill to that frankly has me a bit batty!! Specially if you can't trace the UPC code!

Blah, I'm out!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    savemoney, ivanhoe, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

He takes the whole summer off and hits the cape.......... Yep, No money in them there pellets brother!! :doh:

savemoney, ivanhoe, ttdberg and 4 others like this.
  6. will711

will711

Just some more BS they like to feed us Jay

7. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

and also the reason i didnt spend any money there the last 2 years, multiple calls/email....nothing til fall,wtf?
    its summer and im selling snowplows.

savemoney, ivanhoe, bogieb and 4 others like this.
  8. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

I'm confused and haven't hauled my snowblower out for its summer turnover yet, used to do that on July 4th to scare the neighbors.

savemoney, ivanhoe, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  9. will711

will711

Did they Move :rofl: :lol:

ivanhoe and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  10. Douglas Middleton

Douglas Middleton

Ok....let me clear this up .......

Northern Warmth Supreme Douglas Fir.....purple bag ....packaged in our plant in Upton MA is in deed made by Bear Mtn, at the same plant that used to supply my old company that sold another brand and most of you know just how good they were and still are....same pellet, same mill, same fibre....just now it's packaged under the NW Supreme Douglas Fir label.

Northern Warmth Douglas Fir....green bag....also packaged in our plant in Upton MA and made by Pinnacle in BC Canada. A good pellet, but not as good as the Bear Mtn product, but it also not as expensive .....

American Bio bought the naming rights to the "Okanagan" brand when the parent company Viridis Energy went out of business and they sold the name/customer list etc to them and from what I have been told and see in the market place are now selling the Okie Platinum and Douglas Fir ....you will have to check with them as to whose product is in the bag..

If you have bought and burnt the Bear Mtn Douglas Fir product in the past...you can rest assured I am bagging and selling the exact same product as before...so you know how good it is and what to expect from it...I have attached a jpeg of the new purple bag so as not to confuse anyone going forward. We have started to ship this product to several dealers in New England. NY, NJ and later even to PA...so you will probably start to see it shortly anywhere the Northern Warmth brand is sold....all you have to do is ask for it....Let know if you need help finding a dealer that stocks my brands...

Also to clarify.....the "new" Okie products that American Bio are selling were NOT packaged at Upton....they did in the past package some of their "Cleanfire" product there...but once they purchased the Okie brand...that came to a halt....so.. No... the "new" American Bio Okie Douglas Fir is not a Bear Mtn product that was packaged in Upton....that is simply incorrect.

Will711....you are simply wrong on your thoughts about trying to confuse the market on purpose...you may disagree...but that was never the intention.

Attached Files:

11. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Yes both the Sinclairs and us bears moved.

ivanhoe and will711 like this.
  12. daffonce

daffonce

I think the grater point is that when you were part of the old company platinums were maybe 3 different things. Also when the new fir came out it was marketed at least by your dealers to be the same as the old oakanagan fir, which turns out wasn't true, it was an inferior product. Was the new fir always pinnacle last year? This is what people don't like.

ivanhoe, ttdberg, slvrblkk and 2 others like this.
  13. subsailor

subsailor

The bottom line on all this to me is Hell would freeze over before I'd ever pay $360/ton for pellets. I'll just keep plodding along with my $219/ton MWP's and be toasty all winter long.

ivanhoe, bogieb, ttdberg and 4 others like this.
  14. will711

will711

You and me both Brother :handshake::cheers:

ivanhoe, subsailor, ttdberg and 2 others like this.
  15. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

NOT many of the people I asked were all that happy with the Pinnacle fir. No where near the quality of the Bear Mountians and Barely better than a blondie(which costs far less).

I'm hoping that the new Okies fir isn't the pinnacles? Heard the other Okies are LG's, But I can't get at straight answer. So don't quote me on that!! Tis just but a rumor!!

ivanhoe, ttdberg, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  16. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

But many many will sub. Maybe not the full haul, But some will bunker them for the cold spells(aka polar vortex's) :wacky:

As much as my stove would love them, I just can't bring myself to do it. Even with only needing 75 bags to handle next seasons requirements............ :emb:

17. Douglas Middleton

Douglas Middleton

Daffonce...my "old" company did some things I was not especially happy about....but that is water under the bridge at this point...And yes, there was misinformation in the market place regarding last season's Douglas Fir, that hopefully has been corrected and the price has been adjusted accordingly. We were able to secure the Bear Mtn Douglas Fir pellets for this season and with a new much stronger company backing me and our brand....we look forward to supplying the pellet market with a variety of different brands to choose from.....and not repeat some of the mistakes that took place in the past.

Bucks Pellets, ivanhoe and bogieb like this.
  18. will711

will711

Me either money saved is more money for Beer and I will be just as warm

19. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Hopefully the peeps that bought those will forgive you!! But I kind of get the feeling they won't............. What really s#cked was I suggested they try them.........

I won't make that mistake ever again...........

20. savemoney

savemoney

This I have to agree with 100%! Some of those $ 360/ton pellets may burn a little cleaner and may give 6% more heat. But do the math. Then get a decent stove and forget about the extra cost and extra cleaning. With my Harman, it doesn't seem to matter what I put in it. The stove is paid for. The house is well insulated. No more worry about getting the gourmet pellets.

schoondog, gbreda, ivanhoe and 5 others like this.