In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hello from Okanagan Wood Pellets!

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by OkieDude, Apr 24, 2017.

1. subsailor

subsailor

Which Maine are you referring too? MWP or Maine Choice?

2. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

So the MM brand won't be the box store line?

Russell and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  3. daffonce

daffonce

IMG_2105.JPG

Blah blah blah from a sales man, can believe them as far as well you know. I bet you had nothing to do with images like this or feeding this type of information to dealers when northern warmth appeared. Same product as oakie, well minus the doug firs. Well and the platinums because that plant that made oakie platinums what they were got shut down and we had been filling with other stuff for some time. But hey this year we brought back bear mountain, well for now. Only one that was the same was clinkerville golds.

IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  4. daffonce

daffonce

IMG_2107.jpg Oh and lets not forget this one, oops doug fir wasnt the same as in the purple bag though :doh:. Then there is another fib down below, weren't the oakie in the red bag once eagle valley? Are the spruce now eagle valley? So they were at one point the same?:doh: But not the same as in what made oakie plats a favorite. :doh: I will give you credit though, at least there some honesty was intended, but the speaking out the both sides of your mouth can get confusing, i get it.:faint:

IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  5. Douglas Middleton

Douglas Middleton

Does it matter....lol

6. Douglas Middleton

Douglas Middleton

We don't sell to the "box" stores per se....some dealers that have multiple stores maybe...but not HD, Lowes, Tractor etc....

7. Douglas Middleton

Douglas Middleton

Since you want to get very technical daffonce....Princeton or Eagle Valley as you probably know it by, was a sister mill (same owner..they are about 70 miles apart physically ) to Westwood when CPM ( the company that Viridis Energy bought out) ...they shared the same fibre source as the Westwood Pellet mill (which was renamed Okanagan Pellet Co when CPM bought them) way back when..Princeton never supplied pellets that got bagged as Okies...but they did share the same fibre as I said earlier...

Yes the NW Super Spruce come from Princeton which I have mentioned in other posts and they also have an Eagle Valley brand...but it's not very well represented in NE (very few dealers)....The "Okanagan" brand was created over 8 years with different products with the first one being the Platinum ...or as most of you remember ...the red/black/clear bag....or going way back, all white with a green tree on the front....the reason that Northern Warmth was represented as the same as Okies....was very simple.....the Platinum Okie mill shut down production in July 2016, I was let go from the company the first of Aug and there were no sales of Okies from that time forward (product tied up in court) and the company that now represents Okanagan didn't buy or announce to the pellet world that they were actually taking the name over till late Oct or early November of last year.....leaving a void of about 3-4 months that Okanagan were not available......then they came back on the market ...the Platinums first and then later they got themselves a Douglas Fir product....so that is where the confusion comes from.........let me add daffonce, for the most part, most dealers made the change without much fuss....but then again I think you know that, since it sounds like you are a dealer or know a former employee of Viridis .....whatever.

The old purple Douglas Fir that was on the ground before the "sh_t" hit the fan at Upton last year but was all sold off in a matter of hours ...then the lawyers got seriously involved and there was some Gold and Platinum left ...The gold is currently being offered as animal bedding as it not suitable for heating (anybody want great bedding ...cheap ...get a hold of a dealer that stocks my brand and he will be able to hook you up) The new NW Purely Pine pellets are all fresh stock...

The remaining Platinums (red bag) that were on the ground back then, have become available recently and we have been selling them off ...(yes they are discounted and I think maybe the best deal in all of NE currently...we suffered about a 10-15% lost of pallets, but for the most part, the pallets are in very good shape...many dealers have personally inspected them and bought several loads of it on the spot)..when they are all gone...we will be out of bagging/selling/stocking any Okanagan product going forward...the faster they move the sooner we can put this chapter behind us...and fully concentrate on promoting (yes daffonce...I do promote our brands) to current dealers and any new ones in the future.... Upton and several suppliers were left holding the bag when they (Viridis Energy) went down and all they are trying now to do is raise as much cash from what is left and then move on...they have accounted for their loss...accepted it and now want to move forward to help create something we are very proud of....its time to move on...winter is right around the corner...

bogieb likes this.
  8. Ambient

Ambient

:confused: There's nothing but mediocre pellets within an hour of here. I'm making a huge commitment to drive and bring home a better pellet. You would think that information of a what a better pellet is, would be crystal clear.:headbang:

I'll wait and go tomorrow. I think I need to do some more research or just go with La Crete's.

subsailor, Russell, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  9. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

La Cretes are one of the best pellets available. Thats as safe a bet as you can make.

10. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

IMHO you can't go wrong with the La Crete's! The La Crete's are better(again IMHO) than the LG's(okies) and Eagle Valley(NW SS) softies. Likely score for a nick cheaper too.

What the prices on said brands in your area??

11. daffonce

daffonce

I agree with all of this. Cretes > NW SS (eagle valley) > Oakie Platinum (LGs) and I think you said the crete's are $20/ton cheaper, to me that is a no brainer.

bogieb, ttdberg, Russell and 4 others like this.
  12. Ambient

Ambient

My supplier has stated this also, though at $85 more per ton ??? They're $85. per ton better than La Crete?

bogieb, slvrblkk and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  13. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

NWPP are $85 MORE a ton than La Crete?

bogieb and slvrblkk like this.
  14. Ambient

Ambient

With this supplier....yes!
    :picard:

IHATEPROPANE and slvrblkk like this.
  15. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

o_O

bogieb and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  16. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

:faint:

bogieb and slvrblkk like this.
  17. Ambient

Ambient

He sells into NYC weekender territory, I live in the exact opposite area up here in the real North Country. My problem is there isn't enough $$$$ to sustain a business that sells quality pelllets up here. I have to travel to him to find these options.

bogieb, IHATEPROPANE and slvrblkk like this.
  18. daffonce

daffonce

Nw ss aint worth $10/ton more then lacrete. Even money i still go lacrete.

bogieb, Russell, subsailor and 3 others like this.
  19. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

:eek:

slvrblkk and jtakeman like this.
  20. Douglas Middleton

Douglas Middleton

Seriously????....something wrong here....what dealer are you referring too that you find this??

bogieb likes this.