In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

gluing on ceramic tiles?

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by ivanhoe, Jul 3, 2015.

1. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I'm just about to finish my ensuite and was wondering if gluing the towel rack, pivot mirror and hand towel ring is feasible. I'm trying to avoid drilling holes and with extremely good glues on the market, I'm leaning that way so anyone did this before?????

2. lukem

lukem

Might be a bear to get off in a few years when the boss decides she wants to updated them.

Mitch Newton and ivanhoe like this.
  3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I know what you mean, really. The wife wouldn't do a stupid thing like that:whistle:

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I did a trial on how it might work and it looks good and solid. If I have to remove it later, I will just put a scraper to it or replace it with the same brand name accessories.

Attached Files:

5. savemoney

savemoney

If you kept some spare tiles, there shouldn't be an issue with drilling or gluing. You can always smash the old tile and replace it. Like new again!
    We just put tile down on the floors, every floor with the same tile. Looks fantastic. Easy to clean and if needed, to repair.

6. ironpony

ironpony

caulk adhesives work good for this also, have some still attached after 8 years. If it is glazed tile it will probably come clean.