In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Giz/Emma and everyones pets on the board

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Loon, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Midwinter

Midwinter

Mine likes to keep me company, too... IMG_20171010_28666.jpg

2. HDRock

HDRock

Good lookin pooch .
    Glad to see ya back rotti :)

3. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

We'll be looking for dog bed bargains during Black Friday next month. Last night I could not reach the heater to turn it off before falling asleep (switch is above my height, ya ya vertically challenged), by the time WWW came in it was really warm in there, and Blondie had gone to the floor instead of our bed--we both slept better. Duh. Sorry old doggies, we need to sleep well. For now it will be folded blankets (but they are a PITA to wash, dry, fold).

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  4. savemoney

savemoney

Best bargains on dog beds can be found on orthopedic dog bed | Groupon

5. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

6. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Wow! That's so cheap I almost ordered one and we don't even have a dog! :bug:

7. savemoney

savemoney

I have bought 4 from this site. The largest one is too big for my dogs. my dogs both are over 100 lbs each. They love their beds. Easy to keep clean. Won't brake the piggy bank buying them.

8. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

NO DOUBT!! How funny, we are debating with memory foam and bolsters etc... as well as what will fit on the floor vs the size of the dog. All I can say is big Blondie likes pillows, so leaning towards big bolsters, whats your opinion savemoney ?

9. savemoney

savemoney

I go for the memory foam beds. They are easy to clean. The cover unzips and can be washed. You can put a water barrier over the foam and under the cover to prevent liquids from getting into the foam. i.e. those cheap disposable pads used to put on beds for bed wetting issues. Anything easy to control odors from pets. They don't like the stink anymore than you do. Easy enough to give the dog a throw pillow used for lawn chairs, they too can be tossed into the washer.
    I have had the bolster beds. They dogs used them, but they are not as giving as the form and they are near impossible to keep clean. I end up replacing them because they become unsightly and have odor.

10. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thanks Larry!

Also, we're looking at adding another cat to our family, a Burmese. Remind me what breed your cats are?

Well Seasoned and stihl sawing like this.
  11. savemoney

savemoney

Himalayan, 4 are blue point, and two are seal point. Long fine hair that gets on everything. Lots of work brushing and keeping the mats out. I had to buy an expensive set of trimmers so I didn't have to pay the groomer $60 buck each for a trim.
    My cats are indoor only (except for 5 to 10min. when one slips out) Many predators here and these cats are defenseless. They don't know the first thing about protecting from harm.

12. HDRock

HDRock

We had a seal point when I was growing up his name was Sam awesome cat

13. stihl sawing

stihl sawing

That's a beautiful picture, background looks like a painting. those colors are gorgeous. we don't have much color here, it's been so dry the leaves turned brown before the colored out.

14. HDRock

HDRock

They are kind of doing that here too, Maples are still green and of course the Oaks

15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Ha!! My first American Brittany was named............

Brittany

We'd really like another seal point applehead siamese, we had one for like 17 years, and WWW also had one before while growing up. But. They are uber expensive now, and I can't find a breeder within driving distance of several hours one way. Google seems to think Burmese are a great breed for kids, as well as short/not a lot of shedding coat. I sweep up enough dog hair from Blackie as it is-he literally throws hair off like a porcupine if he's really happy, UPS delivers, thunder, one of us leaves, one of us returns home, you name it :picard:

Anyway I learned of new breed (someone mistakenly took our siamese for) called a Tonkinese (siamese/burmese cross). I'd really like one of those too, we are sold on both breeds, but same deal with that breed too, none available near us.

16. bogieb

bogieb

Check local rescue leagues / pounds. They get all kinds of purebreds in. They won't have papers, but who cares - for $75-150 donation you can take a bundle of love home.

17. savemoney

savemoney

Agree, some Himalayan cats go to the pound because the owners don't want to deal with the care of their very long hair that will mat up badly unless you stay right at it. Plus they shed so bad, hair everywhere. as kittens, you can get them $300-600. Have you considered a purebred Maine Coon Cat?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thank you Larry, I DID consider a Maine Coon, a quick google shows them at the top of the lists for Kid Friendly Cats :) You took the words out of my mouth above, I clicked on the nice cat, my mind went to brushing and the shedding (it will be sleeping in lil one's bunkbed that's high up and hard to strip/make), and clicked off. I didn't realize though til your pics how BIG they are, wow! And thanks, and you too bogieb, I have been checking with the rescue leagues/humane societies, no luck unfortunately for a young one. I even called the Humane Society I worked at back in the day a couple hundred miles away LOL. I've come across some older cats, but God Blessed us with wtih our lil one against all odds after 17.5 years, this decision and her are too important, this is a 20 year commitment and I don't want be wrong again like I was with Lila. Lila will always be our cat, but this new cat will always be our COMAPANION. Still looking.

19. Erik B

Erik B

The first cat we had we got from one of the local farmers. We got her when she was just a couple of months old and she died when she was 21. She was a great mouser.

20. yooperdave

yooperdave

Holy crap....big cats! Are they really as large as the pics make them out to be or have those images been touched a bit??

You would need this for a litter box!!!

[​IMG]