In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

FYI: Found boots made in USA :-)

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by bogydave, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I'm a big fan of the timberland pro. I found their boots to be quite comfortable, and would stand up to good abuse. I used to work with acid, and found that's they lasted the longest. I could get a year out of them.

When I got a promotion, I ended up switching to Timberland oxfords with a safety toe for when I visit customers sites that require them. Even more comfortable than the boots!

2. JustWood

JustWood Guest

Yep. Amazon rocks. Last 2 pairs of Danners I bought from Amazon were cheaper than anywhere else on the web.

3. lukem

lukem

Amazon owns Zappos.

Backwoods Savage and HDRock like this.
  4. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

I have had a few pairs of Keens over the years. For the most part I've had good luck with all of them.

The best part I have liked most is the toe box, they seem to have a little more room than a typical boot.

5. bogydave

bogydave

Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Used the "MADE IN THE USA "
    Keen Braddock Steel toe for the 2017 wood cutting adventure.
    Held up well,
    Were warm on every day but the 9° morning (but it warmed up & had no problems)
    Tough & comfortable, easy on & off.
    good ankle support & good toe room.
    Sole did well in the woods
    Hope to get several years out of them :yes:
    133997-323ddeb2a02797cee00956470f8f12e7.jpg

6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Sounds good but the steel toe is no doubt why they weren't so good on the cold morning. I won't buy steel toed boots or shoes but very well may try those if they make them without the steel toe.

7. Reddingnative

Reddingnative

I went searching for a boot thread! I fit a lot of off the shelf and custom made boots. I recommend keen and lowa a lot, as well as selected carolina, thorogood, and redwing/irish setter/vasque.
    Personally I wear a black us made carolina logger model 922 for cutting, a brown lace to toe Danner trophy custom build as a backup(thats 7 years old), a timberland pro as another backup, generic china made camo waterproof 10" boot for hunting, couple pairs of ariat pull on boots from when I ran a farm and a brown suede Lowa renegade gtx mid as a daily boot.
    I will absolutely buy another carolina (us made only) or a chippewa. Really disappointed in danners service as of late. Might look into whites, nicks, etc. as i fit a lot at work, but just overkill for my needs. There are a LOT of great boots out there.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  8. 460magpro

460magpro

I suffer the pain of Sasquatch size 15 eeee not good for choice insulated logger steel toe I can not find unless custom made 600.00

9. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

I've spent the bulk of my adult life in Whites, Wesco, Buffalo, HiLine, Currins, and Viberg. When I wasn't wearing a high quality pair of corks ( see above) I wore Xtra Tuff's ( Ketchikan sneakers) or Nike sneakers. . Now that I'm not making my living in the rain forests of Alaska I wear mostly rubber sole White Vibrant soles Loggers and Smoke Jumpers and before that Viberg steel toed 148 .
    My Viberg 105 T are my all time favorite pair of cork shoes.
    This summer I got a pair of Keen Detroit boots for driving truck . they have been ok.

10. Rowerwet

Rowerwet

My employer buys us red wing steel toe every year.
    They last forever