In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Final Game of Fall Softball

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by boettg33, Oct 20, 2017.

1. boettg33

boettg33

Tomorrow is our final game of softball. The wife told me today that she's not coming. My middle daughter is going to the homecoming football game, and needs a ride. Secretly I think she's taking the chainsaw to get tuned up for next weekend. Joking. I'll be doing that before I start building out my storage for this wood next weekend.

By Sunday I should be CSS. Most likely by myself. Though my dad will most likely walk over and give a hand for a while. This is not too big a pile, and it should not take more than two 6 hour sessions by myself to get is all CSS.

I want to order another load right after this one, but it will have to wait. The oil tank needs to get filled and other bills need to be paid first. Since I do not have any wood ready to burn, I'll be burning Envi-8's again this year.

Most likely I'll purchase another load of logs in the spring. The load I'll CSS over the next two weekends will need to stand for at least 2 years. Which will give me time to build up to 12 cords on hand.

Jason from RI

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Game's over. Time to go to work!

Jack Straw likes this.
  3. boettg33

boettg33

We finished strong. Very proud of the girls. Ran errands today. Tomorrow I have crossing guard duties for CCD. After that, I'll be starting to get moving.

Backwoods Savage and Jack Straw like this.
  4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Probably just in time. Looks like a cold front on the way.

5. boettg33

boettg33

73 at home. Wife, kids and I went to get pumpkins. It was 77 there. Back home it was cooling off as my son and I cleaned the chimney. Going to put up a different thread to talk about that.

Backwoods Savage likes this.