In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

F.A.Q. Page

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Support' started by Mesquite, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Mesquite

Mesquite

Hello,
    I think that it would be a great deal of help to have a page dedicated to answering frequently asked questions concerning your web-site, so all new comers like myself could navigate more easily.
    1. How to log in?
    2. How to post?
    3. How to contact members?
    4. Etc.
    Thanks,
    Mesquite

wildwest, Stinny and Scotty Overkill like this.
  2. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Thanks Mesquite. It is definitely on my (very long) to do list.

wildwest likes this.
  3. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

Good suggestion Mesquite . Welcome to FHC!
    Do you have any questions that some of us could answer right now?

wildwest likes this.
  4. Mesquite

Mesquite

Hello All,
    I am the new guy on the block and you will have to excuse my inexperience concerning your web-site. I appreciate all the good information that I have been able to glean here in just the short time that I have been looking around and I will have questions for sure about many topics, but will first try and learn a little about navigating.
    I initially had a question about my new Napoleon NZ-3000 and started searching the net and F.H.C. just happened to address my problem, yet I am unable to find that conversation again to enable me to ask some more in-depth questions concerning those comments...... The conversation was entitled "Last Nights Fire" and if you could help me in finding that, I would greatly appreciate it.
    What a great idea for a web-site........Thanks!!
    Mesquite

wildwest likes this.
  5. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

firewoodhoardersclub.com/forums/threads/last-nights-fire.581/#navigation

LongShot likes this.
  6. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

Grizzly Adam likes this.
  7. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

Welcome Mesquite! Grizz is our techie here (and a darned good one at that), he does have a full plate but that is a great suggestion.

As for the NZ-3000, I have one of those too, and we love that fireplace. There were some tweaks I made to the stove, and there a learning curve with it, but once you get it figured out its a great burner!

I'm sure you've already seen what a great group of people we have here, you'll get the hang of this place quickly and if you have any questions at all, myself, one of the mods or one of our MANY MANY awesome members will be there to help ya.

Grizzly Adam and wildwest like this.
  8. Mesquite

Mesquite

Thanks to everyone for the many responses to my question.............I am finding that you are very right about the learning curve concerning the NZ-3000 stove, I am getting more and more attached to it as I learn how to use it and I only have one question and that is concerning the amount of combustion air that is being allowed into the fire box.
    As noted the NZ-3000 has some learning curve to it and the main thing that I have found is that the fire must be hot enough to create a good draw up the flu pipe before closing the doors, but I still feeling like the combustion air is being restricted and I have checked everything and all is clear with the exception of one area that I question..........The mixing box that is regulated by the small lever located on the front, lower left side of the unit. When I get a good fire going and shut the doors even with the lever wide open to the outside, the fire slows way down and starts smoking & soots the door glass. I took the side off of the air mixing box and when it is wide open there is only small opening that allows air into the duct leading to the fire box and it looks like to me that the size of duct that is coming from the outside to the air intake box is over sized in comparison to that lever actuated opening in that box?
    In the "Last Nights Fire" conversation Scotty mentioned a modification to that little box and I am curious as to what that modification was? Not sure that I am on the right trail or not, but that little lever doesn't seem to do much in my opinion..................any suggestion are welcome?
    Thx,
    Mesquite

9. Scotty Overkill

Mesquite, yes I did a modification to that air box, as well as a modification to the latching mechanism and the center door seal as well. I have the pics on my PC, when I get a chance later I'll start a thread in the fireplace room regarding those modifications for you so you can see exactly the mods I did to my stove. All three mods I've done have made a big difference. I will say that the NZ3000 DEMANDS wood that is well-seasoned.

concretegrazer likes this.
  10. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

11. Scotty Overkill

DexterDay, Well Seasoned and wildwest like this.
  12. fishingpol

fishingpol

I need to use the "bookmarks" more often, for those threads that I need to go back and look at.

Welcome Mesquite.

LongShot and Scotty Overkill like this.