In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★★☆ ECHO CS-400-16 40.2cc

Discussion in 'Chain Saws' started by Oakman69, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Oakman69

Oakman69

If i may, I would like to give a short review about my Echo cs400, I have owned for 5 years now.
    At a purchase price of $280, I knew the legendary quality and reliability in echo engines would do me well.
    I was not let down. Reliability has been 5 stars. Starting is easy and never had a problem with stalling or hard starts In even the roughest weather.
    It's been through at least 6 chains and a bar since I brought her home and many o cords later..
    At 10 lbs its a snap to handle and has enough power to do the job even tho it could use a few more cc,s. Good for a 16 or 18 bar..
    Great on gas and oiler keeps up well with the driest wood.
    Overall, great quality, good design and
    easy-to-use functionality makes this a solid choice for quality and value; most bang for your buck.

2. Deererainman

Deererainman

You know, I've heard a lot of ECHO bashing but I have to say my ECHO CS 590 is my go-to saw. It runs like a raped ape and always starts quickly. I believe ECHO's are a solid product. The only drawbacks I can find are the lack of aftermarket parts, IF they were to need some parts, you'd most likely need to go to a dealer or order genuine ECHO parts.

I'll be doing a full review of the ECHO CS 590, just need to get some #'s and notes together.

3. Loon

Loon

:thumbs:

New CS590 Timber Wolf is in! ( Review ) | Firewood Hoarders Club

RichE23ACR likes this.
  4. Machria

Machria

I have a CS400 as well, and it used to be my only saw. I've used it to cut some 30" Red Oaks with an 18" bar. For the money, and size, it is a GREAT saw. I'll say it starts easier than my STIHL, and never has any flooding issues, it just runs. The only negative on it, is the chain it comes with is terrible. Replace the chain ASAP with a real chain and you will be a happy camper for only $300.