In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Best gloves?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Dakota Hoarder, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Casper

Casper

Yes they are. I have a ton of ear plugs too. I doubt I'll ever have to buy ear or eye pro in my life time. I am wearing a sample of Wolverine Durashock steel toes most of the time. I really like them.

Barcroftb and RCBS like this.
  2. RCBS

RCBS

Lucky! I've never scored a pair of boots. Last good one I got was a Rayovac flashlight.

Barcroftb likes this.
  3. Dakota Hoarder

Dakota Hoarder

picked up a pair of Atlas Showa the other day for like 6.99. They passed the test so far, but only have one full day of use, no show of wear yet. We'll see how they do after the 10 day mark.

[​IMG]

4. wfournier

wfournier

I've been using these lately and they seem to hold up pretty well, much better than expected. They have lasted much longer than some heavier Kinco gloves I used for a while (that cost more).

HDRock, Barcroftb and RCBS like this.
  5. RCBS

RCBS

Good gloves, but shop around a bit (if you decide to buy more). That price is high.

HDRock, Dakota Hoarder and Barcroftb like this.
  6. HolsatiaRedneck

HolsatiaRedneck

I havent tried these yet but ill gonna order them so i hopefully have them for january (official firewoodseason start for me), they are quite popular around here.
    And i havent heard anything bad about them. Ill keep you guys updated!
    [​IMG]

RCBS, HDRock, Chvymn99 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Dakota Hoarder

Dakota Hoarder

Yes price is s little high, but wanted to sample 1 pair before ordering a dozen on line. They passed the test. The pair I baught is just starting to ware out after over 3 cords.

Wife was naging me a couple weeks ago because I didn't have enough on my Christmas list for my BIL, MIL, ect... I told her I want 1 dozen Atlas Showa, and 1 dozen Atlas Showa Thermal. She looked at the price per dozen and said they don't spend that much and that's only 2 gifts:hair::hair:.

Honey, do some math that's 24 potential gifts.... :rofl: :lol:
    It took her awhile, I think she got it, I'll see in a couple days if a get a few pair of gloves from everybody.

RCBS, huskihl and HDRock like this.
  8. Dakota Hoarder

Dakota Hoarder

They look pretty warm. Let us know how they do in really cold weather and how long they last.

RCBS, HDRock and HolsatiaRedneck like this.
  9. HolsatiaRedneck

HolsatiaRedneck

Youll gonna get the full report sir!

RCBS, HDRock and Dakota Hoarder like this.
  10. Rowerwet

Rowerwet

Yup, I bought a bundle of them, they wear like iron, and give me all the grip I need.
    I started using them before it got cold and they really made my hands sweat.
    In the cold they are great if I'm working, like splitting and stacking, they aren't so warm for just standing around talking. (I'm a pastor, I have members in the neighborhood wander in to talk if they see me out in the yard)

RCBS and HDRock like this.
  11. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I have about a dozen pair of the cheap leather palm cotton backside gloves. I used to wear them when I drove wreckers. I could sometimes go through 2-3 pairs in a day, so as cheap as possible. If it' really cold I throw a pair of latex gloves on under them. That usually does the trick.

If it' too cold for that, I'd rather be in the house instead of processing firewood.

12. JCMC

JCMC

I've tried most of the different types of gloves IMO Atlas thermal fit are the way to go.

HolsatiaRedneck likes this.
  13. macpolski

macpolski

I second the choice on Atlas. Been using them for about 3 years. Prior to that using leather gloves of different brands. I would always wear out the thumb and forefingers. Tried Atlas, and they do last a long time.

HolsatiaRedneck likes this.
  14. brockcolelee1994

brockcolelee1994

Never tried atlas gloves but they will be one of my upcoming purchase as my carhartt AV gloves have been chewed up by my dog. Great gloves the carhartt are. Only complaint was that for some reason they started to stink really bad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. Dakota Hoarder

Dakota Hoarder

The atlas thermal do not work in real cold temps (under 20 f) they are durable and have great grip, but don't purchase if you are looking for real cold weather gloves.
    Waiting for holsatiaredneck for his review on real cold weather gloves. (Under 20 F)

16. KsKent

KsKent

I have used those coated Atlas gloves before and I don't care for them. While they are cheap, my experience with them is that they are cold when is cold, hot when it is warm and they get chips imbedded in the fabric which can be difficult to get out. For several years now I have been using these Kincos. They are more pricey than some other similar gloves, but I believe their durability more than makes up for higher cost. I have to give around $14.00 or 15.00 per pair. 0106180447.jpg