In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

bad weather foot atire

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by AmarilloSlim, Dec 23, 2013.

1. AmarilloSlim

AmarilloSlim

What does everyone wear during outdoor activies in the rain,snow,ice,mud etc? Any brand preference? Country of origin? (no mumbo jumbo please and thanks). Pros and cons of said footwear? Yada... Yada.... I only ask because I just bought some Danner Pronghorn boots today and my curiosity would rather ask here for true opinions than to search web reviews elsewhere.

2. Pyroholic

Pyroholic

1387876382023.jpg

Make sure to use a waterproofing made for gore-tex. Sprays like camp dry, our other silicones affect the breathability of gore tex. They will still waterproof it however.

I've had a few pairs of Danner's. Some of the most comfortable boots I've owned. For me, money is no object in footwear. I spend more than half my life in work boots. My current pair of red wings were $307. Worn every day for a year, still going strong.

AmarilloSlim likes this.
  3. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Muck boots in the mud and snow!

4. BrianK

BrianK

NEOS overboots. Saw my mailman wearing them several years ago and he really likes them so I bought a pair. My youngest son stole them, so I bought another. Then got a pair for my oldest son. Waterproof and lightly insulated.

[​IMG]

5. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

On leather I use sno-seal.