In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Bacon, Bacon, Bacon

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by savemoney, Jul 29, 2014.

1. savemoney

savemoney

Well Seasoned likes this.
  2. Firebroad

Firebroad

Well Seasoned likes this.
  3. savemoney

savemoney

know how you feel. I don't even care to cook it up ahead. I like mine from the frying pan to the plate. I also prefer a couple eggs with it and some toast with real butter and Jam. Washing it all done with a couple cups of coffee.

4. savemoney

savemoney

5. Firebroad

Firebroad

Redneck hors d'oeuvres!!

6. savemoney

savemoney

Ok, who will be the first one to make this extrodinary dish

Certified106 and Well Seasoned like this.
  7. yooperdave

yooperdave

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    That about enough, yet?? Too much bacon? NEVER!

8. Firebroad

Firebroad

Jeez, heartattack in a pan!!!
    Looks wonderful. But, I think that bottom part was a little undercooked for my tastes. I'd probably leave out the parchment and use either a non-stick pan, or Pam spray.

9. savemoney

savemoney

OK, Here is another way to enjoy Bacon!
    Potato Bacon bombs
    by
    [​IMG]
    Calling all Bacon Lovers! Here’s a recipe that’s sure to be a hit during your next party. Perfect for serving during the next big game. Little bundles of baked bacon surrounding golden buttery potatoes. My mouth is watering already. These can be made up ahead of time to be tossed in the oven when the time is right.
    You’ll need:
    1 lb bacon- No need for the expensive thick cut, the cheap stuff works great for this
    1 bag of Yukon gold potatoes (the cute little yellowish ones) small red potatoes will work as well
    [​IMG]
    That’s it!!
    Wash and place the potatoes in a pot of water. Get it up to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender but not mush. Approximately 10-15 min. Drain the potatoes and set them on a kitchen towel to cool until you can handle them.
    When they are cool enough to handle, use the back of a spoon to lightly flatten each potato. No worries if they break a little bit, that’s where the bacon comes in. Use one piece of bacon for each potato. Wrap up those little bundles and place each one on a cookie sheet with the end piece of the bacon down.
    If you have some extra potatoes, you can smash and just top them with seasonings and cheese and bake them along with bacon bundles or You can save them in the fridge for another use.
    Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until the bacon is cooked to a nice golden brown. Transfer to a platter and serve. They’ll be gone in a minute!!
    A few variations:
    • Before wrapping each potato, you could sprinkle them with Garlic Salt or Italian seasoning and a shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese.
    • Just before they are done baking, lightly brush each one with either honey or barbeque sauce and return to the oven to finish.
    • Diced onions and fresh minced garlic added to the top of the potatoes before wrapping in bacon would give these that fancy kick suitable for a cocktail party.
    • After mashing them down, cover them with pickled jalapeno slices, a sprinkle of monterey jack cheese and THEN wrap in bacon for Jalapeno Potato Bacon Poppers!
    • Pair them with eggs and you have yourself a fancy breakfast. These would be a great addition to a holiday brunch.
    Potato Bacon Bombs are sure to be a hit in your house and the recipe is easily adaptable for any occasion.

We love to see when you like and share our hard work, but ask that you please follow just a few guidelines.. Use one photo of the finished product on your site and provide a link back to my original post. If you feature a photo from my post, it may not be accompanied by the project/recipe tutorial, whether in my own words as it originally appeared or paraphrased. Always feel free to share photos and links on Pinterest, as it will route back to the original post. Budget101.com is protected under copyright laws. If you any questions or would like to notify me that you’re sharing a post, please email me at liss @ budget101.com
    The following content was Provided by www.Budget101.com "Digging Yourself out of debt, when all you have is a spoon!"

10. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Bacon weave pork/sausage roll

[​IMG]

11. mattjm1017

mattjm1017

12. colin.p

colin.p

also known as a "fatty" if I'm not mistaken.

wildwest likes this.