In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday
  1. KatwillNY

KatwillNY

So I think after 15 seasons my trusty Breckwell P22's auger motor has died. A few questions came to mind,
    1. Does the stove running out of pellets accelerate the death of the motor? Lately my dearest son whose chore it is to make sure the stove never runs out of pellets has been slacking... (just want validation to say I told you so. LOL)
    2. Does using pellets that are longer, have too much fines, cheaper in quality accelerate the motor dying?
    Also, does anyone know which one is the replacement motor for a p22. thanks

Kat

CleanFire, ivanhoe and imacman like this.
  2. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  3. KatwillNY

KatwillNY

Thanks Smokey. That little turd is going to freeze his buns off. lol. I have a second stove downstairs that i can use to keep the house warm. Its been mild out so havent been running both in some time.

4. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

1. Nah......cant agree. I dont believe running our of pellets lessens the motor life by any appreciable amount
    2.most likely

5. imacman

imacman

CleanFire and ivanhoe like this.
  6. don2222

don2222

Hello
    The worst item next to the auger motor is a dirty, skanky, sticky, crusty Auger Bearing. A worn and dirty auger bearing can be very hard on an Auger Motor even a new auger motor!
    I really do not like the very shinny light weight alluminum alloy auger bearing found in the newer Breckwells but prefer the old Bronze Bearing that the older stoves have which Breckwell sent to me last time I ordered them. The much older high Temp White Nylon auger Bearings that Breckwell put in their P2000 with the 4 RPM auger motors were the very best setup but I have not seen them available separately.
    It is the lower auger bearing that takes the beating but changing the top one in the P22 is easy so why not?
    Bronze on left and light aluminum alloy on right in pics below.
    That is just my 2 cents!

Attached Files:

CleanFire and ivanhoe like this.
  7. KatwillNY

KatwillNY

Hey Smokey. Thanks for the reply. I noticed that this one does not have a hole through the drive shaft. Mine does. Without the hole I won’t be able to put the cotter pin through. Thoughts ?

ivanhoe and slvrblkk like this.
  8. imacman

imacman

How big is the hole for the cotter pin? The shafts aren't hardened, so you could drill it out probably.

ivanhoe, jtakeman and slvrblkk like this.
  9. KatwillNY

KatwillNY

Shes working again. new auger motor and she's set to go.

Attached Files:

jtakeman, eatonpcat and imacman like this.