In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Anyone Else Here Collect Coleman ?

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by HoneyFuzz, Mar 25, 2014.

1. HoneyFuzz

HoneyFuzz

Figured Id mention that I share time between alot of hobbies . But my big ones are firewood/chainsaws.....and Coleman or Coleman style lanterns , stoves , irons ,etc . Its a really fun hobby . And the gatherings are fantastic !! Hope theres some fellow collectors on here . Even if you have a few...or your dad or grandfathers ....id love to hear about it . I have a lot of info on the older stuff . Also buy and trade em as well...as that is fun too !! ll have to get a shot of my collection soon....but heres a few pics I found in my folders !!
    68130_176268485729599_4795661_n.jpg
    009.JPG
    169.JPG

Also restored my Dad's original 1971 Honda QA50 . Which got me into restoring a few more than I care to mention !! I just love the colors from the 70's :)
    108.JPG

2. Stinny

Stinny

S'lotta light there Fuzz. How many do you have… today? And, wow, nice job on the Honda mini-bike. It looks brand new.

3. HoneyFuzz

HoneyFuzz

Use to have about 75 lanterns........but Im down to about 30 now . It got crazy there for awile :) Sorry for the mismatched pics..........in the process of moving ...to a place with a big garage....so I dont have to play in my tiny basement anymore !! Also collect the catalytic heater...and old radiant heaters !!! Coleman actually made different lanterns in Canada...........and I tend to like those the best . Mostly the seafoam green color ones . They only made them in that color during the WW2 era . Here I go ramblin :)
    Sorry again..my stuff is usually quite organized . I hate moving :(
    001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG

4. Stinny

Stinny

Thanks for the pics. Impressive collection. That big garage opens up all kinds of ideas… doesn't it? I'm with ya on the moving thing. Been there too many times… if we never have to move again, it would be fine with me. Good luck on the move.

T.Jeff Veal, XXL and HoneyFuzz like this.
  5. HoneyFuzz

HoneyFuzz

Hey ...Thanks !!!

T.Jeff Veal and Stinny like this.
  6. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

I'm impressed by your coleman collection. I have had many coleman products in the past and can't complain about their quality for the price.
    Right now I'm a dollar bill collector :)

7. HoneyFuzz

HoneyFuzz

Thanks !!! Im trying to collect dollar bills now too :) I try to keep a few remnants of my collections ....just as a reminder of what I have done !

8. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Nice collection. I have two dual fuels ;) That's about it. Used to have a New in Box heater, but gave it away a few years ago (sorry). I never knew they had such a following.

Now, on to the saw on that bench? That's a newer saw. Just based on the brake handle connected to the saw??

9. greendohn

greendohn

100E0641.JPG I love old gas lanterns. Just picked up parts to bring another back to life. I re-did a couple old stoves last year as well. My 242c is bringing light to the dark since this pic.

10. HoneyFuzz

HoneyFuzz

Great pic !! If you need parts..let me know :) I live in Amish country...and they still use these lanterns....so there are a ton of small businesses that deal in the lanterns and stoves out this way !

11. HoneyFuzz

HoneyFuzz

BTW....242 is my favorite by far . Tough as nails....and bright enough for whatever you my need !!

firecracker_77 and greendohn like this.
  12. greendohn

greendohn

Thanks a ton, HoneyFuzz. The Amish around here don't fool with them at all anymore. Coleman fuel is near 13 dollars a gallon at wally world. I have a couple "profane"(bottle fed) lanterns I didn't post, cause, well,,,they aint really cool the way the Pressure lamps are.
    I REALLY liked the ?inverted? lamp you have, one of these days I'll have one..I hope. I dream of owning a Tilley and Petromax lanterns as well as a spot light,,one of these days!! LOL..
    I've been trying to beat my neighbor out of his old Coleman heater..it's in great shape, he aint budging. We used to use them in Germany when I was in the Army.
    I struggle with the two Army issue lanterns I have, put brand new generators in 'em and they still give me fits!! LOL,,,
    Again, great thread. I still have a couple "projects" I'll fettle with come spring.
    Oh yeah! I have a couple "Frankensteins" which I didn't post, as I don't have pics yet. I used a soup can I carved with a dremmel tool for a globe, it's my catfishin' lantern and I was tired of breaking globes. It works great and I haven't broke the tin can yet!!

13. Xena

Xena

Honeyfuzz I LOVE your lantern collection AND that Honda is amazing!
    My Dad used to have a few Coleman lanterns and two stoves but I don't know
    what happened to them. I have a Dual mantel Powerhouse I bought
    around 1986. Use it at least a few times during the year. They
    last forever. Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

Nick&Lissa, HoneyFuzz and greendohn like this.
  14. Daryl

Daryl

Beautiful pictures.

I have a couple old Railroad and colored glass oil lanterns.

15. Smokinpiney

Smokinpiney

That's alot of lanterns! Great collection :yes:. I've got quite a few hanging around here that my dad has aquired over the years. Someday i'll clean em up and get em working

16. greendohn

greendohn

100_1098.JPG 100_1099.JPG 100_1099.JPG The "Tin Man", my catfishin' lantern. He really throws out a perfect level of lite which isn't seen in the pics. Bright enough to see what's up but he won't trash your nite vision. I rescued him outta' the bed of a pick up truck, the valve was stuck under the pump which I fettled with and is now working and of course the new globe I installed got broken, so the tin can, a couple rivets and he is good to go.

Nick&Lissa, Bert, HDRock and 3 others like this.
  17. greendohn

greendohn

sorry 'bout the double post on the picture,,,

18. HoneyFuzz

HoneyFuzz

Thats ok...its a sweet pic worth seeing twice :) Very nice homemade globe !!!!

greendohn likes this.
  19. Carbine

Carbine

Nice looking collection buddy. I could see myself getting into lamps, coins, cards, etc., I think having a hobby/ collecting is a healthy thing! Chainsaws? Maybe not so much, but I do it anyway lol.

Nick&Lissa, greendohn and HoneyFuzz like this.
  20. greendohn

greendohn

It's labeled Coleman, but made overseas. I call him Frankenstein. A small stainless steel mixing bowel made a great vent. I wouldn't dare molest a "REAL" Coleman this way, but it beats throwing him in the trash can... 100_1113.JPG 100_1115.JPG

Bert, HDRock, stihl sawing and 3 others like this.