In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

2. will711

will711

Had that here yesterday , ran the stoves for a bit too damp 60's in the house .

Russell, CleanFire, ivanhoe and 5 others like this.
  3. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Sprinkled here and there while we were on the water. Right about 5:00 PM a shower popped up. We high tailed it for shore. As we were loading the boat on the trailer the sun popped out. Almost put it back in to fish some more but my stomach growled!!

Day one was a success, We caught a mess of em(all dinks though), Nothing with any size to em. But seeing this lake is higher in elevation the water was only 59ºF in the main lake and the coves were 62ºF. Most of the fish were caught in deeper water. Not much in the shallows. Funny how lakes just 10 miles apart fish so different.

Gonna need to pull the cover off and let the boat dry out in the sun tomorrow while we are tilling and doing vehicle maint. It got pretty soggy, Maybe wash it too.

schoondog, bogieb, CleanFire and 4 others like this.
  4. will711

will711

Makes for a much more fun day when they biting even if they are small:thumbs:

bogieb, CleanFire, ivanhoe and 2 others like this.
  5. savemoney

savemoney

wife had the stove on today to drive the dampness out. should get a couple dry days before the rain returns. everything is wet for now.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

schoondog, jtakeman, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  6. will711

will711

Pansies and Bleeding Heart looking good Larry :thumbs:

jtakeman, bogieb, CleanFire and 3 others like this.
  7. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Way cute little creature

We get deer here at the ranch, and its not uncommon for the little buggers to bed down in one of our out buildings in the sawdust bedding bunker.

When the weather is nasty we can come in at night and see the eyes looking back.

8. bogieb

bogieb

About 2.5" of rain out of htat last system. Still very cloudy but supposed to get some sun later. In low 50's which means the P43 doesn't fire too often.

On another note, while my pellet stash is down to zero (in the basement anyway), I have been trying to get some work done on the walls before hauling in 3 more tons from the yard. A couple of years ago I covered most of it with 1" rigid foam, then overlaid that with Reflectix. Over tha last couple of weekends, when time has allowed, I've been drilling holes in the concrete blocks and installing metal studs on top of the Reflectix then I installed PVC board along the bottom so the sheetrock is 4" away from the concrete floor (it can get damp). Last night I finished sheet rocking one wall and got a coat of mud and tape on it. I left the air gap between the Reflectix and the sheetrock so we'll see how that works. I can always blow loose insulation in later if needed.

metal studs along wall to safe.jpg

Wall by safe sheetrocked.jpg

I'll have to get an IR gun and see what the difference in temp from the shop wall is (along same wall on other side of safe). That wall was done with rigid foam, then wood studs with fiberglass insulation fill between. That will help me determine how to finish out the other long wall.

Still have the other wall to do in that corner but pellet moving is close (assuming I can get some dry days when I'm not working).

Funny, this whole thing started because I wanted to put the flooring under the pallets before bringing in pellets - then the project ballooned :faint:

Russell, schoondog, CleanFire and 7 others like this.
  9. Tullytown

Tullytown

I have an un-finished basement.[
    around here it's called a cellar..:D
    I have my tons sitting on skids with cinderblocks under the skid corners so as to be at least 8 inches off the concrete floor.
    I re-use the plastic covers from the delivery to cover over the pellets..
    cellar stays dry but my water pipes run across the basement and over the skids and if spring a leak at least will have protection for a bit till I fix it.

10. gbreda

gbreda

My next door neighbor's son broke a 5 game no hit streak today against an Oyster River High School pitcher. He was the first batter of the game and broke the no hit streak :yes:

Russell, schoondog, CleanFire and 6 others like this.
  11. bogieb

bogieb

Hmm, never worried about water leaks - but the FHW runs right above where the stacks go - maybe I should worry. Actually more worried about the 25 year old boiler bursting a seam just feet away.

CleanFire, ivanhoe, gbreda and 3 others like this.
  12. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

13. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

There is a difference... A basement is generally partially below ground level.
    A cellar is generally below the ground level.. And is smaller.
    Used originally for storage of things like potatoes (root vegetables) etc.
    Wine.. cider... pickles and such.

Dan

imacman, bogieb, Russell and 3 others like this.
  14. Tullytown

Tullytown

yeah..
    my dwelling is below ground level and runs the whole L &W of my house..
    Super cellar?

imacman, bogieb, Russell and 5 others like this.
  15. Russell

Russell

I hope everyone is enjoying a good Memorial Day . The weather has been decent Friday and Saturday at least . First outdoor fire of the season we're getting there . All the best .

Attached Files:

imacman, IHATEPROPANE, gbreda and 8 others like this.
  16. bogieb

bogieb

Saturday a couple of pretty and delightfully fragrant azaleas followed me home from Agway. Yesterday was nice, partly sunny and dry so I mowed, planted the azaleas, poisoned some ivy, and some other yard work.

Today was cold, damp and dark so I worked some more on the basement wall. I installed a couple of pieces of rigid foam and covered it with Reflectix, then got all the steel furring strips installed. I got it mostly sheetrocked, but the last piece I messed up so bad I knew it was time to quite.

Azaleas (Mandarin on left and Gibraltar on right). I planted these pretty much as they are pictured.
    Manderin Lights and Gibralter Azaleas.jpg

One piece left to go & and no, nothing is as close to that exhaust pipe as it looks in the pictures.

wall behind stove sheetrock.jpg behind stove one piece needed.jpg

P43 fired a little while ago so still using pellets

17. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Well, Most of the things on the list were achieved. Garden is tilled and planted. Flower beds and planters done. Put the summer skins(tires) on Joeys putt putt. Weather took a dump and didn't get to the oil changes. Monday was a wash as well. One good thing we are well rested!! :D

Hope you all had a good weekend, Back to work!! ;)

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  18. savemoney

savemoney

like most of you here, I spent a lot of time in the garden. However, it is a long ways from done. I'll spend a while in it again today. I have a lot of urns to fill. I still have three raised beds to till up, add peat moss etc. then I'll plant them up.
    It seems most of the birds are now use to seeing me in the working outside, so they continue using the bird feeders and not flying off. The chickadees are the most friendly ones. The yellow finches are also friendly. The cardinals still are a little leery of me.

schoondog, CleanFire, imacman and 3 others like this.
  19. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Yet more rain, Fog and chilly............. Pretty sure the draught be kaput! Need a lil sun or we might have issues with the garden. Don't think the young plants can take being swamped??
    We had to take our feeders down for a bit, Had a bear wondering about. Neighbor had his destroyed. Wifes been putting them out for the morning feeding and taking them down before work. She puts them back out for bit at night. Don't dare leave them. She is worried if we keep them down, She won't keep a few of the birds that are regulars. First time in a many that we are seeing red winged black birds and red breasted wobblers. But could careless for the starlings that wipe out the feeders.

PelletHound, imacman, Russell and 3 others like this.
  20. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

The grass and weeds like it cool and damp. That is likely to change in a couple of weeks. The lawn guy wanted to know if we want him to go to a weekly mowing. No need from what we know. I only intend to mow inside the garden area every two weeks. I mow it when I spray the fruit trees. Makes it easy to remember.

PelletHound, imacman, Russell and 3 others like this.