In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Nice Load of Hardwood

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by LodgedTree, May 22, 2017.

1. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

I should have taken a picture of the last load of wood. I am cutting a new clear cut, only 10 acres, but it is old growth forest. This means the trees are very tall, even some of the smaller ones. Typically I haul my wood on wheeler so I have to cut my trees at 26 feet. The tops in this case were longer then the butt portions. That meant there was no tops to try and cram in the middle of the piles, and as we all know, holes mean less weight, and less weight means less wood.

So my trucker loaded up the load, being very careful on how he loaded it and stuffed the truck full. It was in the afternoon so he decided to head to the mill in the morning...when the Dept of Transportation weigh wagons were not lurking about. That was probably a good thing. It is also very mudy here and every tree was dripping with mud.

The load was 11.23 cords, 88,780 pounds gross weight. Running legal it is only 81,000 pounds! Pretty good paycheck though for that load of wood, definitely makes up for all the nonsense of slogging through the mud.

Woodslave, p61 western and Dancan like this.
  2. Armbru84

Armbru84

Good work!!

p61 western likes this.
  3. bogydave

bogydave

Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Yea
    The picture thing
    :D

p61 western likes this.
  4. Dolphus Raymond

Dolphus Raymond

Yes, pictures
    Would love to have seen that load.

5. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

I know, I know...no pictures; never happened. I thought of that again today as another load shipped out today. Probably not 11.23 cord, but a nice load of popil...well popil/mud.

Reddingnative likes this.