In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★★★ Packsaddle Wood Pellet (Review)

Discussion in 'Pellet Fuels' started by slvrblkk, Jan 8, 2017.

1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Packsaddle Pellet: FINAL RESULTS

Average air temp - 140 - 187 (new readings from heat exchange tubes)

Ash Volume - 3 ounces

Ash Weight – .55 ounces

Ash Percentage – .09% (OUTSTANDING)

Fines In Bag – less than 1/8th cup

Pellet Length Avg. – 1/2” – 3/4”

Bag Weight – 40 lbs.

Burn time – 14 hours (approx.)

Bag Date – N/A

Notes:
    Donated by ttdberg
    Almost zero fines and ash
    Great Doug Fir smell (that some don’t like…lol)
    Currently $329 ton!

These might be the best Doug Fir’s I’ve burned…at least top two. I’ve heard nothing but good things about these pellets and finally had a chance to burn them. Pellets are reddish in color, dense and have a nice sheen. Ash is very fine and medium grey in color and very little of it. There was only a couple tablespoons full of fines in the bag and the glass stayed very clean. These are very similar to Olympus and PTL softies.

All in all these are an outstanding pellet; I wish I can burn them all the time. The west coast burners have no idea how good they have it out there. I rate these 5 stars.

Highly Recommend!!!

Disclaimer: as with everything....YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY....the review is just my opinion of them ***Pictures may not reflect actual color of pellets and ash***

IMG_9169.JPG IMG_9164.JPG IMG_9127.JPG IMG_9165.JPG IMG_9167.JPG

2. dotman17

dotman17

I wish I could get these. Next time I'm down in Portland area -- oh yeah -- and have a trailer -- I'd like to buy a ton of them. What's the ask?

slvrblkk and jtakeman like this.
  3. dotman17

dotman17

A salesman got back to me quoted a $277 total price per ton. Reasonable but still $50 higher than what I typically pay for other high end Douglas fir.

slvrblkk likes this.
  4. dotman17

dotman17

I finally landed a couple of these bags and I agree, These are a damm good pellet.

The Olympus coming out of Shelton, WA, the Bear Mountains coming out of Cascade Locks, OR, and these Packsaddles coming out of Mill City, OR are winners.

slvrblkk likes this.