In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Final Prep Time - Deer Season

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by lukem, Oct 28, 2016.

1. lukem

lukem

I haven't been this excited about getting in the woods for firearms season in a long time.

I moved one of my stands a couple weeks ago - hoping to be able to take some longer range shots with my new gun. I've hunted this spot before and saw a lot of deer, but they were never in range for a my shotgun (80 - 120 yards).

Trail cams went up last weekend - going to go pull some pictures this weekend. FYI, if your cam uses SD cards there are some cheap card readers that you can use to look at them on your Android / iOS phone. You probably already know that, but just in case.

Pretty sure I have the gun zero'd and figured out which ammo it likes. I'm getting 1" - 1.5" 4 shot groups at 100 using some Hornady factory loads. I'm sure the gun could shoot better...but I'm not good enough to do it. I've had several groups with holes touching, but I always managed to pull at least 1. My cheek weld was a little awkward causing me to pull at the last second - picked up a comb riser and will test it out tomorrow.

All gear accounted for, knife is scary sharp...just need to wait now.

milleo, Smokinpiney, Chvymn99 and 6 others like this.
  2. bocefus78

bocefus78

Get a spare mag! mine broke the Lil plastic clip that holds it in. Less than 100 rounds thru it! Chinsy pos. :headbang:

ruger replaced it, but that don't help when it breaks in the woods.
    I've got 3 now...midway. $32.99

3. lukem

lukem

Already picked up one spare on the 'bay for $30.99. The mags are pretty low quality, but overall I can't complain.

4. lukem

lukem