In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No Longer Available WANTED: GOOD MAN

Discussion in 'Closed Ads' started by scavenger, Jun 10, 2016.

1. scavenger

scavenger

I've found the dating site to be more of a "talk" forum--hey you're supposed to date didn't ya know? But steady as she goes---like the song (Raconteurs--Steady, as she goes)

eatonpcat, Thor and Well Seasoned like this.
  2. scavenger

scavenger

the dating site turned up a marriage proposal this morning from a guy who looked like he was in prison (makes it hard to cut wood together) or the Kmart changing room where the lighting gave a "son-of-sam" cast to his demeanor--now ain't that a kick in the head?:jaw:

3. yooperdave

yooperdave

As far as responding to that generous offer.....

thistle, Well Seasoned and Thor like this.
  4. scavenger

scavenger

this I decided best to leave to radio silence lest I become a statistic...

Well Seasoned, yooperdave and Thor like this.
  5. chris

chris

Here ya go Scavanger- a little project in the works from a bit ago.

Attached Files:

• 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      453.7 KB
      Views:
    Well Seasoned, Thor and Chvymn99 like this.
  6. scavenger

scavenger

Wow! I go for that in a big way--when will the Pickers be visiting you? or is some closet organization more in order--I know, I know you know exactly where everything is...question is when will you drop the mask and invite me over?

PoolguyinCT, Well Seasoned and Thor like this.
  7. scavenger

scavenger

Maybe I left something out....my music taste runs the gamut from Sinatra to grunge--I don't care for heavy metal and would rather experience water boarding than listen to rap. I could live on pizza and bake a kick-ars chocolate chocolate cake. I'm college educated with a minimalist mentality amidst clutter. I can't really sing but I think I can when I'm in my pick-up. I own an oil-cloth duster and a red plaid wool hunter jacket. I back the 2nd amendment and am armed. I sometimes still use crayons and analyze my dreams in the morning. My first taxable job was at McDonalds and I still love their frys. My weekend are free sadly for as far as the eye can see and I love to fly---does this help anyone?....:cool:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  8. scavenger

scavenger

Well I woke up Saturday morning wondering where I could get some wood (the deciduous type--stay with me here):loco: :crazy: and just one street over was what I'll call a tree-for-all. Another gorgeous (yes-I'll use that word) oak taken down--so I was thrilled (is that weird?) to squirrel away:saw: 2 full loads (maybe 1/2 a cord) by noon. (see pictures-aren't you loving it?):woodsign: So I was thinking maybe living alone has jaded my perception as to why a good man has not stepped up to ring my doorbell (so to speak). I think what I really need is an objective warm body to certify I still demonstrate proper eye/hand coordination and fully functional motor skills (without a chainsaw in my hand). I'm not from the "show me" state but am willing and capable to travel that far to get an independent and unbiased opinion assuring me of my marketable skills--would someone care to assist? 1001161329.jpg 1001161158.jpg image (4).jpg

9. chris

chris

Nice loads- been raining here off and on for 7 straight days. Anything off a hard surface is either a bog or if on a slope a super slide.
    Per request no welding hood, bit nippy that day.

Attached Files:

• 021.JPG
      021.JPG
      File size:
      378.6 KB
      Views:
    Well Seasoned and Thor like this.
  10. scavenger

scavenger

are you loading a trailer on a trailer? and what's up today in the great state of Wisconsin? are you far from Chicago?

11. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Nice Load that you got there @scavenger:yes: ! Very splittable and easy to handle....:thumbs:. what else could you ask for?

thistle, Well Seasoned, Thor and 2 others like this.
  12. chris

chris

Off loading 16ft from a 20 ft trailer. in Feb. 16 ft unit about 2500 lbs. Day before was very cold - fuel line froze up in truck just shy of La Crosse, WI on the interstate - fun day.
    Milwaukee metro apx 90 miles from Chicago ( not far enough)
    7 straight days of rain, mid 60's now. has stopped for a while but is threatening again. A wet sponge is dryer than we are right now. Week before last we were bumping the 80's. with 90+% humidity been an extremely wet fall so far. Around 50 for this evening.

13. scavenger

scavenger

Hello--Good Morning! I am neither discouraged nor encouraged with the responses attuned to my singledom on this thread--after all this is not officially a dating site although I've pushed the limits of a true "want" ad--there is an absurd number of folks following this not unlike those who followed Truman on a day to day soap opera basis from their living room sofas to the bathtub to the bar--and like Truman I think there is more out there than what I'm seeing here--so I encourage and would like to even prompt the hesitant to send me a PM so we can further our conversation personally as this site (open to all the world) may be holding someone back--so if I don't see ya--good afternoon, good evening and good night! (at least for now) :tears:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  14. scavenger

scavenger

Coincidentally (and totally unplanned) a co-worker sent a picture of a trailered load of wood he had cut to show me not knowing I was in the quest for e-mail correspondence --- not even knowing about this site or my want ad (he's married btw) and got me all excited-- (the fact I received anything) I'm trying to decide if that was good or bad :rolleyes:--the search continues...

thistle and Well Seasoned like this.
  15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I have a lot to say here that I have not, being respectful as its a family forum. That said I hope you like the cartoon I pm'd you.... I wish you luck. I'd love to help but I don't know anyone in Ohio. And yes I am getting a kick out of this thread!! You and the others here are too fun!!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  16. badbob

badbob

Yep,not close enough :(

Well Seasoned and wildwest like this.
  17. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Darn!

Well Seasoned likes this.
  18. badbob

badbob

LOL wild :D

Well Seasoned and wildwest like this.
  19. scavenger

scavenger

I may have once been married, but I'm not married to the plot of land on which I sit--say it with me.....RE-LO-CATION....

20. scavenger

scavenger

I thought bottled water was a money maker--then I thought storage units were a money maker--now I see a dating site is the biggest money maker--pay the fee...message your ars off...sit back....and nothing ever happens....is this thing on? These pretzels are making me THIRSTY!!!!:hair:

thistle, Well Seasoned, Thor and 2 others like this.